• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hurt by family comments my whole life

beckybee

Any one had lack of comfidence there whole life due to hurtful things said who it weight? I recently started the gym and my dad found out and was joking (in a nice way) about imagining me at the gym. Laughing and asking me what I did there like it was a real life miracle or something. So pissed off sorry and had to vent

Reading that back sounds so pathetic but it's just like a whole build up of stuff like that my whole life has just exploded out of me

When I first joined weight watchers to try and lose weight my da laughed at me.

My mother (naturally petite) has always made supposedly constructive comments about my size - even now she does. They're not constructive, just rudely critical.

Although its difficult I try to let it wash over me now x

My mother (naturally petite) has always made supposedly constructive comments about my size - even now she does. They're not constructive, just rudely critical.

Although its difficult I try to let it wash over me now x
My mother is the same, naturally a size 10, always going on at me, watching everything I eat /drink when she is over, Christmas Day to top it off she told me I was only allowed to have half a glass of red wine, (calories) cause I rebelled ,topped it up.told her to be quiet then pocked her in her skinny bum with the meat tongs.
Done the trick,all went quiet, and I had another glass of wine to de-stress

I think people try and do the tough love thing but it just comes across as hurtful. I think if you cant say anything nice don't say anything!
People we love always know just what buttons to push to get to us!

Back