• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its been a while :(

rybens

yorkie puddin!
Hi guys i havent been on since novemeber last year :sigh: and in that time a lot has changed apart from my weight lol
In the first year of surgery the weight dropped steadyish never fast but that was ok i had no health issues so i was happy but iv always been an emotional eater so when my marriage started to go pear shaped the healthy eating and exersize went by the way side..........
problems started in september of last year, with my new found confidence i wanted to do more be more active , go more places , have more fun but i wanted to do it all with my husband and he wasnt keen. You think that loseing nearly nine stone that your other half will think you look fantasic and want to spend time with you and enjoy the new you , but i could see in my husband that id changed into someone that just wasnt for him any more, id become the real me and i wanted to live my life because if any thing having such major surgery makes you realise life is way too sort. I continued to ask him to go out with me to do things to really try and save the relationship but he really couldnt be arsed and it got to the point where he would go to bed and i would turn to my new found freind wine:cry: since id fallen out with chocolate due to the joys of dumping:cool: things went down hill fast and i started to drink more . Sometimes people are not warned of addiction transfere be it and adiction to shopping which i also had at about six months hense 3 boxs of clobber in my cellar due to go on ebay ! or to drink which shocked me because id never been a big drinker, but when i was down before id turn to food especially chocolate , wine gave me that treat myself feeling all it did was make me more down. Christmas was hell and on new years eve i asked my husband to go out and he said nah dont fancy it but you go if you want :eek: i was like what you want me to go out alone what would people think , he just shrugged his sholders i knew then it was over , he went to bed at 8 i sat with wine and cryed all night:cry: needless to say we seperated febuary he moved into a lovely bacholar pad:mad: and i stayed in our home till it sold , the whole upheavel of the kids and having to go into tempory acomadation for eight weeks till the house i bought was ready was hell . Kids took it really bad as dad was happy as a pig in poop and mum was a stressed out woman who had to sort out kids and houses and jobs , they didnt know as soon as they were in bed i was dinking a bottle of wine just to get through the night. One of the worst things that was happening is people blamed the break up on me saying we knew you would dump him when you lost weight but to be honest it felt the other way round..........................................
Any how life has now changed iv been in my very own home for six weeks not as grand as what we have had before but its mine and the kids are secure and slowley im putting my mark on it , my husband got himself a girlfriend pretty soon after we split an old school mate that hed been speaking to on facebook for at least six months before we spilt :flirt2: (strange thats when his interest in me diapeared ) lol but i have some one new in my life too hes seen me at my worse and still gives me all the suport in the world hes there at the drop of a hat and has got me through some tough times bless him, i dont turn to the as much wine now as a crutch its a friday treat but in the last year i gained 8lb but managed to lose it again whilst moving , i no it dont sound a massive gain but GAIN is not a word i dont want to be using to be honest. I feel like my life has been paused for a year and now im ready to press play again so im back to the lovely warm comunity of wls to get advice and insperation from some fantastic peeps, plenty of old and new faces on here and some great results , proud of how well people have done x right if you have read all this and not nodded off well done lol catch you on the message boards very soon love hannah x x

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Wow hun, its lovely to see a post from you!

Im so sorry you have been going through such a hard time but it sounds like things are falling into place, so I wish you all the best in your new home x

Men are funny creatures, its hard to fathom them out sometimes but from past experience they cannot cope with having 'feelings' for two ladies!

Maz xxx

Sambucca

Blimey Hannah, talk about a blast from the past!!

Its lovely to have you back hun, but Im sorry to hear of all you have gone through and that your marriage has broken down. Its quite common after WLS, as is the addiction transfer, but its not discussed as much as perhaps it should be when people are caught up in the pre op excitement, or post op elation when the weight is dropping off and everything is hunkydorey.

Thank you for such an honest post. Hope to see more of you around hun x x

lynne08

Hey Hannah! good to have you back on here. what an awful year you have been through..... bless ya! things sound like they are on the up for you. some good.... some not so good ( the extra few pounds :)). but you know that is only a minor blip along the way. you will soon shift it! I'm sure you will gain a lot more support from here on so keep smiling! you've done amazing!

take care
Lynne
xxx

dolly48dd

Hi and Welcome back, looking forward to getting to no you.xx

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:wave_cry:Hey Hannah,
Just to say I've read your post & it's a bit sad in some ways BUT we're all here for you-it may take some time for some people to remember you-lol
...but I certainly do & others will be along soon to offer support-hey wonder what cuppacocoa is upto???xxxx

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
Hi Hannah - good to see you back among friends again hun x
You have been through a tough time - but are out the otherside now. Good luck in your new home. And best wishes for your new relationship and hope it all works out with the kids too.
We are all here if you need us Hannah and your extra weight will soon dissapear very soon as well as all the rest you want rid of.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

rybens

yorkie puddin!
:wave_cry:Hey Hannah,
Just to say I've read your post & it's a bit sad in some ways BUT we're all here for you-it may take some time for some people to remember you-lol
...but I certainly do & others will be along soon to offer support-hey wonder what cuppacocoa is upto???xxxx
Hi poppet x yeah some names pop up and you think wow wonder how there doing ? its been a hard year but hopefully things are on the up and the weight is on the way down lol x

jema

Hi Hannah. You have certainly been through it lately! I'm sure that one day you'll look back and realise that the best thing was your surgery, for more reasons than just your weightloss. Keep strong for yourself and not just for your kids, and the weight will start coming off again. I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to hearing how you're getting on.

tranquil_butterfly

Hi Hannah. It is lovely to have you back. I am sorry things have been so tough but you are bouncing back. Keep posting:hug99:

tranquil x

penguina

Hi Hannah. It is good you have come back to your weight loss family. We are all here, I have had some tremendous help in the last 5 weeks since surgery and marriage break up. You have really been thought the mill, but now have your nice new pad and nice fella.

You can now concentrate on getting your weight back on track. Drinking less should help as they were empty calories. People will always judge, you will be 'dammed if you do,' and 'dammed if you don't' I bet the people who said you dumped him cause you lost weight, would have said he dumped you for being fat if you hadn't. It does sound like he was grooming this friendship with his old friend. The internet is great for forums like this, but a facebook is a bugger for marriage break ups.

Good luck with your future, and keep your now slim, chin raised. You deserve to be happy with your kids and new fella.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Massive hugs x x welcome back, no pearls of wisdom here sorry, but it's good to see you back, I wish it were under happier circumstances but at least it sounds like things are on the up for you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner