• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am feeling down In the dumps

micbrewer1974

My highest weight was 396..my surgery weight was around 346 I think... I had surgery December 31st..today I weight 288...am I doing ok? I have read about ppl had surgery Same day and have lost over 100 pounds....since surgery...I know it's coming off I guess just wanna make sure I'm normal...just need some encouragement today..horrible day at work lol and I am still so big...I am just so tired of being overweight. .This really isn't an easy way out...Some ppl was so mean to me before surgery saying I was cheating and it's easy way out...

I think you are doing amazing, it's difficult sometimes on here to read of the weight dropping off some people my weight loss has been steady since op 61/2 months ago, I've lost just under 6 stone so far including pre op diet, so prob about the same rate as you, but I now loose around a pound a week it's slower than I was hoping for but you have to look at the bigger picture in my mind a pound off is better than putting it on which I have been doing rapidly prior to op, just stick to it. I have down days but as time goes by it gets a bit easier. I only told family and very close friends as I knew that people would presume its easy or cheating! But we know how hard this journey is and don't think about what other people think you are not doing it for other people you are doing it for you, hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end xx and by my reckoning you've lost around 7-8 stone that's an adult you've lost!

Thank you..honestly made me cry..This whole process has been amazing but it does get depressing lol I finally fit into a 26 in clothes and was so excited! Down from the 34 I was at..my husband has been very supportive but he doesn't understand what I am going through...Anyways thanks again so glad I found this forum

Listen here...don't get fed up!
Your doing ok..you've done a fantastic thing for your health and life.
Too many compare themselves to other on here,and it only leads to you feeling unhappy.
As long as your loosing weight your doing great...
The best bit of advice I can give is don't become obsessed with the scales they are the devil.
Keep track by your clothes and people who want the weight off fast are setting themselves up for major loose skin issues.
If it comes off at a nice steady rate your skin adjusts so much better and you'll be thankful in the end.
I wasn't a major looser,24/26 now 12/14 my skin has coped really well,just a bit of wobble on the thigh and belly.
Still don't use them pesty scales and I'm almost 4yrs post op...clothes size is a better measure.
Hope this helps x

Don't compare to others. It's your journey and look how far you have come :) x

I would've thought the quicker the weight drops the more chance of all the loose baggy skin, I would rather lose slower & lose forever!

your losses are fantastic :) best of luck for the rest of your journey, I cant wait to join you all on the losers bench!

We are all different remember for us its a marathon not a sprint :)

My highest weight was 396..my surgery weight was around 346 I think... I had surgery December 31st..today I weight 288...am I doing ok? I have read about ppl had surgery Same day and have lost over 100 pounds....since surgery...I know it's coming off I guess just wanna make sure I'm normal...just need some encouragement today..horrible day at work lol and I am still so big...I am just so tired of being overweight. .This really isn't an easy way out...Some ppl was so mean to me before surgery saying I was cheating and it's easy way out...

Don't compare to others and slower is so much better for you, your body and for your skin besides that I think you are doing bloody brilliantly. You are not that far from that hundred pound mark either ;). I went through a similar period like you are where I had lost loads but felt a bit cheated because I was still classed as super morbidly obese. All I could see was a big hill to climb then suddenly I was racing down the other side of it .. Hang in there it will happen to you too :) xx

Sending huge hugs your way hunni :) please don't get disheartened you have done blooming amazing to date with such fantastic losses. Wls is certainly NOT an easy option, am sick of people who judge us for seeking out a helping hand in getting our lives/health back. Sod em all hun, only those who have been there truly know what a difficult road this is to travel, its not just weight loss, its dealing with a whole new way of life and living a whole new way........ dealing with the head is the most difficult but they would NEVER understand what a major life change it is. Stick your nose in the air and be proud of yourself, you are doing fantastic :) As others have said slow and steady has got to be the best way, its about learning to be health now for the rest of our days, not just another one of those fad diets. Remember its not a race, its a life long journey now, take time to stop and smell the roses along the way :)

Chin up hunni, put that smile back on your face and see how far you have come x x x x x mawhhhhhhhh we all get our down days hunni just push them away and realise how blooming fantastic you really are x x x x x wd by the way !!

You have done fantastic this far, nobody will tell you otherwise. If they do, they're not worth listening to. Everyone is different and we will all lose at different rates, but we will all lose if we continue to do what is required of us. Hark at me, I'm not even 1 week out!

With me being a relative newbie, you amaze me how well you have done. If I have done as well as you by the time I reach your stage, I'll be stoked.

I need to wean myself away from the scales too as I'm a bit addicted. I have a wardrobe full of different size clothes that I'm looking forward to working my way down. xx

You are doing great.So many haters out there with their own issues. We all have our slow months but as long as the trend is weight loss you are a winner. Remember this is life changing journey. Good luck hun and surround yourself with positive people who will offer you love and support those are the people that matter.

Firstly you are doing fantastically well. Anyone who says it's easy going through weight loss surgery has obviously never experienced a weight problem of any kind. It takes courage doing what we are doing, I know it's hard but don't get disheartened. You are a lot stronger than you are giving yourself credit for xx

Morning micbrewer1974, how are you feeling now, a few months further along? I hope you have come out the other side and are happier now. xx

Back