• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am so sad, feel like crying.

caraline

:cry:If I am not sick, I have had another cancellation, my 1st appointment was 6th march, then 6th June, Now its been cancelled again till 3rd of October. I have never felt so low. and I am worried sick that I will put all the weight back on, what I have already lost. Sorry for twisting on. am just so upset

Have they given any reason for the cancellations.....seems very odd to put you back so many months!

it seems very strange that the cancellation and new appointments are so far between!!

maybe a word with pals will help you?

Awww Caraline :( that is shocking, honey ... no wonder you are gutted, sweetheart. That is really out of order. Can't offer any advise but just wanted you to know we are here for you & will be as long as you need us :) xxx

Just going to give them a ring and ask why

Good for you....keep strong:)

oh sorry to hear that hun... sending you big big hugs xxx

I hope you got a good answer !!!!! keep strong hun xxx

OMG! Caroline you've had no luck - I can't believe its been cancelled AGAIN. Poor you, I hope you can get an explanation hun x

Thats 7 bloody months from the March appointment no wonder your upset. Contact PALS on monday this is unacceptable, channel that anger and upset into getting a sooner appointment
Keep your chin up girl
Kim

That's srh for you. Their follow up on aftercare is equally as bad. I've had one app since my op last feb, was due to go again last week and that got cancelled now back in July. It's so unfair on those waiting especially when you need to keep the weight off. I feel your frustration xx

Thank-you everyone for your replies. I rang the Hospital and I can't get through. so! I will have to wait till Monday

That is horribly for you hun big hug x

How frustrating - I know we all end up on the constant roundabout of time and waiting - that if only someone said right at the beginning "this is going to be a 24 month process" I am sure it would stop so much disappointment, anticipation and heart ache - most of us pre oppers seem to share the common theme that the waiting seems to be what really gets us all down, it's the feeling of just not being able to reach the carrot on the stick - does anywhere have pre op group meetings?
I agree with the others I would contact PALs and your PCT and say that a 7 month delay on an out patient appointment is not acceptable.
Try and focus on knowing our end point will be the outcome you want and need. xxx

What is PALs I have never heard of it?

I've never heard of PALS either.

It just seems to me that if you don't make a fuss you'll be shoved to the bottom of the pile. Make a nuisance of yourself and they'll want to get you seen to just to shut you up!

Patient Advice & Liaison Service

Back