• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grrr to NHS

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Well another disappointing day - was meant to have had appointment to see consultant and fill.

Appointment was meant to be at 3.30pm and got a call at 9.07am to be told it was cancelled and that the earliest I could next be seen is April 28th!!!

FFS!!!

I have a dietician appointment on 24th March but without the fill I so badly needed I can't see me making much progress.

I am soooo fed up with it all - will keep ringing to get a cancellation if possible.

You must feel so frustrated. Why the cancellation? Any reason offered?
Grace xxx

not good hun! hope they come through for you and give you a cancelation to get you in sooner x

Thinking of you Caz... and just wish I could do something to help... I really feel this for you. Love and hugs xxx

oh that must be so frustrating for you...hopefully you can get a cancellation in the mean time...28th of April seems like such a long time.... maybe think about speaking to PALS (patient and liason team) they can work with you and on your behalf to find out what is happening xx

Oh Noooo...Sorry to hear you got cancelled, when u went and saw dietician last time has there been any more progress for you from any advice she gave you ( think I read for you too drink some more fluids) Sorry if I got the wrong info and it belongs too someone else....2 months almost for another fill does seem such a long wait doesnt it......Good luck with the cancellation progress , Wishing u all the best Caz xx

I have not lost any weight between last dietitian visit and now. My weight if anything has risen by 2 kgs.

I told them this on the phone yesterday but it didn't seem to matter.

I feel that because I am 2 and a half years out now, that I am being shovelled to the back of the queue.

I know my old consultant has gone private in a hospital nearer to me, if I had the money I'd see him again.

Gosh I wish I could help.

I wouldn't take it laying down. Me thinks you need to get nasty and demand a fill PDQ and say this isn't on. They haven't given you appropriate care for a while now no wonder you're struggling to lose.

Write a letter of complaint and make some phone calls asap.

In my opinion It shouldnt really matter if ur two and half months out or two and a half years out the aftercare should be the same for everyone ( as I am sure e1 would agree) I hope u dont mind me asking wot size band and to wot capacity is it filled too Caz? Tbh you have been fobbed off long enough and stuck too everything they have asked, surely its not too much to ask that they keep too their end of the deal ( so too speak) and give u the damn aftercare you bl**dy deserve Caz. xxx

Band size is 9ml and last time it was filled it was up to 5.75ml.

I still get restriction in part but really have to be ultra mindful of quantity.

I rang again today but there is nothing they can do at the moment. Will keep harassing them every few days.

In my opinion It shouldnt really matter if ur two and half months out or two and a half years out the aftercare should be the same for everyone ( as I am sure e1 would agree) I hope u dont mind me asking wot size band and to wot capacity is it filled too Caz? Tbh you have been fobbed off long enough and stuck too everything they have asked, surely its not too much to ask that they keep too their end of the deal ( so too speak) and give u the damn aftercare you bl**dy deserve Caz. xxx

WELL SAID!

Hope things are sorted out for you soon. x

Hope you get a fill sooner than that Caz! Its bad enough that they cancel you, the least they could do is not make the new appointment so far in the future! XX

Band size is 9ml and last time it was filled it was up to 5.75ml.

I still get restriction in part but really have to be ultra mindful of quantity.

I rang again today but there is nothing they can do at the moment. Will keep harassing them every few days.

I was thinking last night and this morning about you.

To have lost what you have is a very big achievement. The reason I say this is because it's little wonder you are struggling ... you aren't at your sweet spot. Ok "no sh*t Sherlock" you may say, however I am of the understanding that a band which is under or just over 50% full is 99% of the time not at the sweet spot for anyone. Some restriction is felt but it dissipates, especially with visceral fat loss (which you have probably achieved!). I would have thought you would (possibly) have to get closer to 7ml to see any proper weight loss.

It's the same with me, I've been so cautious the last 12 months but when I'm back from Vietnam I'm going to have a big fill (i've had a defill for the long flight) and manage those tight times (coincides with PMT) as best I can as they only form about 1 week out of every month.

Anyway I just thought I'd add my late night and early morning thoughts on you, with you! :eek:

All the best eh?! :553:http://www.wlsurgery.com/images/smilies/15nov08/553.gif

xxxx

If I had 7ml in my band I would not be able to drink!

The sweet spot is so variable for each person, there is no way my surgron would fill that much in one go. LOL.

When he put me up to 6.5 I could not swallow the water...

Back