• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am taking my SIL to task tomorrow.

Tyraboots

A few days ago I told to take my sister in Law to take her kids home because of their bad behaviour in my house. (I posted earlier)

On the way to school Friday she announced that her children have a better standard of life than my daughter!!!!

To cut a long description short. She lives in a squalid dump that is FILTHY. Everything is done last minute and in chaos, arriving everywhere late with loss of keys, wallets etc. She is a disoprganised mess. And her kids are absolutely badly behaved. For the past few years I have had to listen to 'fat this fat that aimed at me from the kids. Her partner, a muslim will not take their kids to meet his parent because they are a secret from them. Although we all live in the same town, and it is an open secret of their existence. She is really confrontational, even shopping with her is a nightmare, everyone is 'wrong' stupid' can't do their jobs. She is a nightmare. On the other thread I posted someone commented I don't need a negative person like this in my life. DO you know, it had NEVER occurred to me that I should or could drop her from our lives. I know my daughter, who hates her or my husband would not object.

Tomorrow morning after school I am reading her the riot act.
I am inscensed that she dared to speak to me like that. And that she actually thinks her kids are better off when they clearly aren't.

Go for it girl.......you are so much better than her! xx

Good for you !cut the mean mouthed bxxxh from your life!She is obviously jealous of what you have,the negativity is all about her life.Maz x

If her partner is a muslim, I guess she and your brother have split up at some point :confused:

It maybe she is still carrying some resentment and jealousy for him that she is projecting towards you, either way she sounds like a right arsehole honey and not someone who you will miss from your life

You must do what you think best, but remember people only have the power to hurt us if we let them have it

You know, it always amazes me what people put up silently with because the other people are family. In particular I have had enough of my dysfunctional family - your hair would stand on end if I told you about them, and I don't see any of them. Remember you don't have to put up with the rubbish you are putting up with, and good for you for standing your ground.

You'll probably be doing her a favour walking away and forcing her to look after her own children. She's not exactly being that supportive of you now is she? and you are certainly going to need nothing but positive people around you in the forthcoming months.

Good luck with telling her.

xx

From what you have said her kids don't seem to have much of a life and it is very obvious to her your daughter has and there sounds like jealously there. I would never have a partner who would keep my kids a secret from his family. I'm not condoning their behaviour in any way but i'm beginning to see why they act out. Your SIL is a different story she is an adult and there are no excuses for her treatment/attitude towards you. You def don't need her in you life so you go for it Tyra and keep us posted good luck x

Get it off your chest girl!
Then deep breath and move on with YOUR life and enjoy it :D

Good luck :)

Hi Tyra, I had to cut my sister and nieces out of my life 6yrs ago, and although it was hard it really was the best thing I could have done for me and my kids. She was rotten to the core and so were her adult children. I no longer dread picking up the phone to hear insults being hurled. All this was because of jealousy, she's 11yrs older than me and still thinks like a child I think. Maybe there's jealousy involved with what's going on with you. The old green-eyed monster is a very dangerous thing!! Good luck hun and I hope you get it sorted one way or another x

She rang Sunday evening and I went straight for the jugular, so to speak. She went straight into offense/defense mode and started shouting. I said, If you don't listen to what i have to say, I will hang up on you. So she said, Hang up then, so I did. Monday morning she walked straight into my house as if nothing had happened. She has been fine since. The boys came tonight and they were very well behaved. It is jelousy, I hadn't really considered that before. I'll give her a second chance. I'm nothing if not magnanimous. Jeez

You treat her like you would a boyfriend. One indiscretion you might forgive, two and kick her ass to the kerb!

Back