• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MRSA

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
I think i have mrsa again !!! I had it 1st time around with my 1st band, the wound thats playing up is my port scar which is between my boobs, it may just be infected but the feelings are similar to the last time, im going to get it checked tomorrow and see what the situation is. Has any others suffered from this b4 as i seem to always be the unlucky one !:(
liz xx

oh no what a nightmare! hope they get it sorted for you and find out for sure what it is x

I would definitely be getting onto the hospital that performed your op.

I have no personal experience, but my DD picked up MRSA when she was 3 1/2 after having ear surgery. She had to have lots of antibiotics to clear the infection because it was so close to her brain.

Hope you get sorted soon.

I think i have mrsa again !!! I had it 1st time around with my 1st band, the wound thats playing up is my port scar which is between my boobs, it may just be infected but the feelings are similar to the last time, im going to get it checked tomorrow and see what the situation is. Has any others suffered from this b4 as i seem to always be the unlucky one !:(
liz xx

Oh no Liz, thats awful.
Where did you have your op?

Get it sorted asap you poor picklexxxx

Get it swabbed straight away then at least you`ll know what your dealing with....hope you get it sorted out soon x

i went back to ward and seen a juniour doc he swabbed the wound, and wanted to admit me then so a second opinion could be given by a consultant, i said no i only popped in 4 a swab, so ill be re admited on friday morning, hope fully ill just get a presription of anibiotics he said at worst ill have 2 stay in and have port moved. So fingers crossed !!!

i went back to ward and seen a juniour doc he swabbed the wound, and wanted to admit me then so a second opinion could be given by a consultant, i said no i only popped in 4 a swab, so ill be re admited on friday morning, hope fully ill just get a presription of anibiotics he said at worst ill have 2 stay in and have port moved. So fingers crossed !!!

Oh God Liz

When is it gonna go smoothly for you?
The last thing you want is to have to go in and have the port move isn't it?

Hope everything works out for the best!

Love
Gina!xxx

thanks gina ill let you know how i get on.
liz xx

Oh no that's awful. I hope you're ok.

What are the symptoms of MRSA?

I'm more worried about getting that after the op, than the op itself.

the symptoms are that the wounds do not heal, they look red and angry and they weep, it is treatable with antibiotics, i await the results from the swab test that was taken.

questions Liz 2008

Dear Liz
from reading your thread, if I am reading it right, have you had a band fitted twice? and if so why? who did your surgery and was it private or NHS? I have read before where people have had a band fitted more than once and I always wondered why ? what went wrong with the first that would cause someone to have to have a band fitted again! Also are there any banders out there that have had their band fitted for a long time? and what is the longest that someone has had a band fitted for? Do they stay in for life, if you want them to?, do they always grow into your stomach. Has anyone reached the maximum fill limit on their band and if so what happens then? I spoke to the nurse doing my first fill and she said that she has never met anyone who goes past 7.5 mils, and most bands hold up to 10mils, so to her knowledge no one had ever had their band filled to the maximum. I just wondered how long these bands are meant to be inside us, do they disintergrate after 10 years or so? Does any one know when they first started fitting bands, and what is the longest someone has had one in? I saw a promo with Anne Diamond in it where she had had the band fitted twice, the first time in Belgium, that didn't work and then Shaw Summers fitted a new one here in the UK. I had my first fill last week, and have booked for my second fill, as the week has progressed, I have become hungrier, so the restriction is not as tight and lasted as long as I had hoped. I get my second fill 17 days after my first one.

take care MNL

Dear Liz
from reading your thread, if I am reading it right, have you had a band fitted twice? and if so why? who did your surgery and was it private or NHS? I have read before where people have had a band fitted more than once and I always wondered why ? what went wrong with the first that would cause someone to have to have a band fitted again! Also are there any banders out there that have had their band fitted for a long time? and what is the longest that someone has had a band fitted for? Do they stay in for life, if you want them to?, do they always grow into your stomach. Has anyone reached the maximum fill limit on their band and if so what happens then? I spoke to the nurse doing my first fill and she said that she has never met anyone who goes past 7.5 mils, and most bands hold up to 10mils, so to her knowledge no one had ever had their band filled to the maximum. I just wondered how long these bands are meant to be inside us, do they disintergrate after 10 years or so? Does any one know when they first started fitting bands, and what is the longest someone has had one in? I saw a promo with Anne Diamond in it where she had had the band fitted twice, the first time in Belgium, that didn't work and then Shaw Summers fitted a new one here in the UK. I had my first fill last week, and have booked for my second fill, as the week has progressed, I have become hungrier, so the restriction is not as tight and lasted as long as I had hoped. I get my second fill 17 days after my first one.

take care MNL

hi i had my 1st band 3 years 4 months, on my last fill the tube had disconnected from the band, and also they could see on the xray during this that my band also had a twist/fracture, they said it was nothing id done to cause it and some times these can happen but are rare, im now 3 weeks post op with my second band but i have a port scar infection, i see my consultant tomorow and they will decide what will happen next for me. some bands can last 10 years plus, im not sure if they last forever as i think 15 years is the longest known bander.

UPDATE

:sigh:i went back to the ward yesterday and i was given antibiotics, the results from the 1st swab was not back, they took yet another swab which was very painful, i have a small hole in the port wound and its weaping badly, i was told if these pills dont work then to go back AGAIN ! they may have to open the wound under anestetic to let it drain, so fingers crossed these pills work !!

thanks linda x

:sigh:i went back to the ward yesterday and i was given antibiotics, the results from the 1st swab was not back, they took yet another swab which was very painful, i have a small hole in the port wound and its weaping badly, i was told if these pills dont work then to go back AGAIN ! they may have to open the wound under anestetic to let it drain, so fingers crossed these pills work !!

God I so hope the anti-b's work for you Liz, you've been through enough already!

Lots of love to you,

Ginaxxxxxx

Hi Liz so sorry to hear your suffering hope the antibiotics work for you and you dont have to go back in.
Take care xx

hi liz just read ur thread hun and is awful having mrsa, after my bypass i burst open on 1 of the keyhole sites, so for 6 months i had to have a 13inch strip of ribbon gauze poked down into the hole in my stomach and this was everyday but on the weekends i was given the stuff to do it myself, it gradually and very slowly healed up from inside out but im left with a hole in my stomach now and it looks like i have 2 belly buttons lol, and i had mrsa for over 5 months and it got so bad that it burst through my right breast which has left me now with 3 holes there i was lucky cos at one point they wanted to remove part of my right breast, so good luck to u hun and take your tablets ok, take care xxx

Hiya

Hiya Liz
sorry to bother you again, before I go on, I hope that you are feeling better and will keep everything crossed for you that all turns out ok with the port wound. Anyway, did you have the bands fitted by NHS or private? How much weight did you lose with the first band? If you had it done private, did you have to pay for the second band to be fitted?

take care and hope the pills do the trick for you.
MNL:D

Back