• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MRSA

hi liz just read ur thread hun and is awful having mrsa, after my bypass i burst open on 1 of the keyhole sites, so for 6 months i had to have a 13inch strip of ribbon gauze poked down into the hole in my stomach and this was everyday but on the weekends i was given the stuff to do it myself, it gradually and very slowly healed up from inside out but im left with a hole in my stomach now and it looks like i have 2 belly buttons lol, and i had mrsa for over 5 months and it got so bad that it burst through my right breast which has left me now with 3 holes there i was lucky cos at one point they wanted to remove part of my right breast, so good luck to u hun and take your tablets ok, take care xxx

hi, sorry to hear you had a bad time with mrsa, im taking my pills and keeping the wound covered as i still havent had the results of the swab, it doesnt hurt so much now but its still very red and angry and weaping alot.
liz xx

Hi Liz, hope the anti biotics work. when are you due to get the swabs back?? it must be an anxious wait for you xx

Hiya Liz
sorry to bother you again, before I go on, I hope that you are feeling better and will keep everything crossed for you that all turns out ok with the port wound. Anyway, did you have the bands fitted by NHS or private? How much weight did you lose with the first band? If you had it done private, did you have to pay for the second band to be fitted?

take care and hope the pills do the trick for you.
MNL:D

hi, ive been banded nhs with both bands, i lost 7 and 1/2 stone with band no1, i regained just under 2 stone in the 12 months the band was failing me, i hope now to get back on track once ive had a fill.
liz xx

Hi Liz, hope the anti biotics work. when are you due to get the swabs back?? it must be an anxious wait for you xx
hi tammy the 1st swab was taken on the ward last wednesday, and a second last friday, they keep saying the results aint back yet so i will have to keep phoning to chase it up.
liz xx

thanks linda i will do x

update!

:) i went back for my rewiew yesterday and im glad to say i havent got mrsa this time, i have a skin bug he says in my port wound, i have been given 7 days more antibiotics to take to see if will clear, so hope fully that will work, he said i will have to wait for a fill until im totally clear which is understandable.
liz xx

That's good news atleast Liz :) hope it clears up for you!

thanks guys xxx

Back