• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can walk! a couple of big NSV's

shelleymarie

As some of you may know at my heaviest, just a few months ago, I could barely take a few steps due weight literally crushing my little body underneath. I've recently talked about how much more I can do and now working again but today I decided to test how far I could go. I walked for half an hour with out a twinge in my back! This is huge. I've been trapped in my house for years relying on others and taxi's if I wanted to leave because I couldn't make it to the bus stop. Today I walk the 10 minutes to it and past the bus stop and kept going for 20 minutes :D I only stopped as I realised I don't actually know the area very well and I nearly got lost lol. I seriously had to stop my self welling up with happiness :0icanfly: A couple of other NSV's are that I'm now a size 24, I started as a size 36 and doing my measurements I've lost 36 inches from my body since the pre op diet. Unfortunately I didn't do it from the start apart from my waist and I've lost 11 inches from my waist so would have been interesting to know from the complete beginning but still so happy. I really am shocked at how good life is getting in such a short period of time. Yay! :eek::D

Last edited:
That is amazing Shelleymarie, congratulations. I have lost 4st since start of the year, 11lbs of which are post op and feel such a difference with getting about, no more back pain and much reduced knee pain, and work is so much easier and can only get better from now on. Keep up the great work, Liz xx

Wow that's amazing you go girl xxx

Amazing. You have done so well. Isn't it great to walk & not have pain. Also not having to plan everything around your lack of mobility. Today I climbed to the top of a bird hide at a wildlife reserve. My friend watched me in disbelief. Felt good!

Congrats, thats an amazing achievement. I bet you're feeling great about yourself today!
Em xxxx

Well done and big congratulations. Keep it up and wink at that bus-stop every time you pass it! Tracey xxx

Oh wow!!! That's an amazing achievement!! Well done! Oh I just love WLS :) xxx

from me phone :D

mayamoo said:
Well done Shelley!! Much more to come for you :)

What does nsv mean?? xx

It's Non Scale Victory xxx

from me phone :D

So pleased for ya Shelley welldone it is an amazing achievement that some would take for granted. xx

Well done you its amazing how seemingly small things to some mean a whole new world to others!You will go from strength to strength and before you know it you will be at the gym,swimming and on the dance floor.Trust me it WILL happen!Maz x

Thanks so much everyone. I'm buzzing on cloud 9 at the moment. I think I'd forgotten what feeling happy was and now It's back I'm never letting it go again. I'm off to try taking my dog for a walk. I don't think I'll be having to pay a dog walker to take her out much longer :D Thanks again for everyone's amazing support and encouragement :) xx

Hey you've achieved this amazing feat. Bask in glory. Well deserved.

Oh I am so happy to read this and this is so great for you!!
Well done you and life is only going to get even better xx

Brilliant news

Jane xx

What a fab achievement :) you go girl!

Back