• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quality of Life + NSV's

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Hi guys + gals,

I wanted to comment on how life has improved *soooooo* much since losing 100 lbs so far:

1. NSV's -- the main new excitement for me is being able to buy clothes from charity shops (woop! woop!) which I never could do at size 32 a year ago. Recently I have picked up a few size 18 and 20 bargains from various charity shops including a new winter coat -- saves having to pay Evans silly money for a winter coat I may only fit for one winter !!!!

Quality of Life -- improvements so far:

2. Diabetes completely in remission and now not medicated

3. High BP now totally normal and also not medicated:
-- 12 September 2011 ..... (at Whittington) ........... 205/108
-- 27 October 2011 ......... (measured by GP) ......... 167/98
-- 14 November 2011 ...... (measured by GP) ........ 157/68
-- 6 March 2012 .............. (at Whittington) ........... 147/75
Those figs were whilst ON medication -- since then:
-- 17 October 2012 ........... (without meds !!) ....... 129 / 70

4. Feeling like a "normal" sized person -- can fit in train and bus seats without spilling over the edges, and seat belts always do up with no problems.

5. Osteo-arthritis in my knees and hips is at last alleviated a bit with not carrying around the extra 100 lbs of weight.

6. Moving generally is *sooooooooooo* much easier now. I can dash upstairs and run for a bus, just like ..... well just like a normal person (LOL!).

Sometimes, when I was in the middle of my stall period a few weeks ago and really started to think "perhaps this is it, perhaps 16 stone is where I stop and all my body is prepared to lose" ....... I did think that actually based on the huge quality of life improvements this has given me so far, that would not be a bad result.

Obviously I *would* like to get to 14 stone ..... and then 12 stone ..... and then see where after that ..... but the health benefits have all been achieved with losing the first 100 lbs.

Last edited:
Well done Sharon, I can't imagine the joy you must feel, life changing (and life saving looking at that BP)! you're not done yet so keep on plugging away! Size 16 next!!! Eek :) x

Well done Sharon xx i feel exactly the same, i went for a wlk with my 2 dogs last sunday was on my feet 3 hours throwing the ball on the beach etc had a great time, my knees are still painful but can move around so much better and quicker :) i was thinking the other day i almost feel like i did when i was young and healthy before any weight issues started :) keep up the good work xxx

Well done Sharon - it's a great feeling isn't it? Maybe 2013 will be the year we find our man (obviously not the same one) - that'll be a major NSV!!!

Such a lovely positive post Sharon , your joy shines through .
I can completely get the health benefits , I too am off my cpap & almost off my bp meds , its great isn't it ?
I'm off on a shopping mooch in a mo , something I would never have done before a cos I would get so tired & b cos I hated it .
Glad you are over your stall too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

I can completely get the health benefits , I too am off my cpap & almost off my bp meds , its great isn't it ?

Yes also I feel it totally justifies the operation to the few family members who I know (secretly) do not approve of the NHS funding this surgery (altho they won't actually say so to my face) ..... because if I do eventually post this on FB I can totally honestly and justifiably say that:

1. This is the reason why the NHS fund the ops

2. The NHS have now saved themselves the following amounts of money:

-- 30 to 40 years of Diabetes medications (£24,000)
-- 30 to 40 years of High BP meds (£24,000)
-- 2 x knee and 1 x hip replacement ops (£30,000)

All with one surgery (£10K) which has enabled me to reach a *healthy (ish)* weight with no comorbidities any more !!!! Ha ha ha ha .....

Go suck on that NHS bariatric surgery complainers, got you right in the Bullseye !!!! :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Maybe 2013 will be the year we find our man (obviously not the same one) - that'll be a major NSV!!!

Or maybe even 2012 .... :D :p :D :p ;) ;) ;)

PM me or email me !!!

Not quite ready to divulge on open public forum ..... yet.

Last edited:
amazing !!!

Back