• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can't edit my signature!

dawnyblue

Hi

I don't know if I'm just being dense but I haven't been on the site for a while and was wanting to update a few things, however I can't see the option to edit my signature in my User CP! :eek:

Whats showing up in your CP under Settings and Options??

Hi Dawny :wavey:

How you doin??? Haven't seen you on the boards for ages :p I haven't posted much in a while, just been kind of lurking and reading :cool:

Just about to go in the bath, so it's just a quick 'hiya' for now, good to see you back and hope to catch up with you again soon.

Speak soon
Kirsten x

This bit Dawn when you click on User CP :).
Have you got all these options showing hun?

Settings & Options

Edit Avatar
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password

Last edited:
This bit Dawn when you click on User CP :).
Have you got all these options showing hun?

Settings & Options

Edit Avatar
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password

I have now :D it wasn't there for some reason yesterday! Thanks x

How you doin??? Haven't seen you on the boards for ages :p I haven't posted much in a while, just been kind of lurking and reading :cool:

Just about to go in the bath, so it's just a quick 'hiya' for now, good to see you back and hope to catch up with you again soon.

Speak soon
Kirsten x

Hi Kirsten, lovely to see you're still here! I haven't been on the boards for a few months as I was feeling a bit of a failure but I'm gonna get myself sorted out again, I'm only about 10lbs over so it's not disastrous but I need to address it before I slip slide back to the start again. How are you doing?

Hi Dawn

I've never really left the boards, but haven't been active with posting. Mainly just 'lurking' and reading stuff and spending heaps of time in the arcade - I've got a serious addiction to 'Ballz', 'Connect2' and 'Bingo' :eek:

As for dieting, I've been pretty much treading water since we last spoke. I've been hovering around the early 11's for most of the year now (since leaving CD). I suppose I should be pleased with that (and I am, in that I haven't regained), but I never really finished off what I set out to do - 10st 7lbs. So that is my aim - to finish what I started.......d'ya know, I reckon if i look back over our old thread, I bet I could find that exact statement several times over :8855:.........seriously though, I want to achieve this goal.....its only 11lbs.... I have a holiday arranged (what a suprise :rolleyes:) for Easter......2wks in Fuerteventura, so I've got just under 14wks to get 11lbs off - so totally do-able.

How's the Diet Chef thing going? Hope it's suiting you.

Just as an aside - remember how I hate clothes shopping??? Well some things never change - I still hate it.... but you'd be so proud of me...I only went and ordered 45 :eek::eek::eek: different items of clothing/footwear from the Next sale - and it looks as though I'll be keeping most of them :eek::eek::eek:.......now all i've got to do is pay for them :cool::p

Take care and speak soon
K xx

Whoa deja vu!!!

we are in the same place again aren't we!

To be honest I'm struggling with Diet Chef, the same as I've struggled with absolutely everything this year. I went to WW for a while too but got absolutely nowhere.

The only time I've been really successful was the CD but my BMI is around 25 so I can't do sole sourcing now of course and any sort of food sends me haywire.

Well done to you for sticking with the boards though, I think that's what I need to do to keep up the motivation.

I was watching Paul McKenna this morning and have decided to give his ideas a go, although I'm sure I've tried this before :sigh:

I'm enjoying the DC but keep adding extras so I've just wasted my money

I've bought 'My Health Coach - Weight Management' for the DS and that is really helpful in encouraging me to move around more and think more about my eating.

Anyway, I'll keep at it, I really need to get at least 7lbs back off again

I am so impressed with your Next shopping! I'm guessing you did it online rather than actually going in to the shop though :D :D Better than nothing though.

Keep up the good work, you can get those few lbs off for Easter I know you can

How's it going? Are you still sticking in out with DC or did you decide to do the Paul McKenna thing? I've done PMc in the past and did have good results, but me being as impatient as I am just couldn't keep at the 'eat slowly and enjoy every mouthful' thing. Don't get me wrong I'm not some sort of 'pig at a trough' :8855:, but you don't always want to eat slowly do you??

I also found it difficult to schedule in time to listen to the motivational CD every day, what with trying to fit everything else in as well (working/exercising/housework/eating/hubby time - y'no how it is :cool:)

Have you thought about plain old calorie counting? It's what I've been doing to maintain, and it's what I'm doing now to get the last bit off. I like the fact that I don't have to stick to the rigidity (if that's a word :D) of a diet regime and then beat myself up if I eat something 'not allowed'. Lets face it we're all human, and it's gonna happen one time or another :rolleyes:. I just like the flexibility that CC'ing gives.

Re the Next shopping .....Dawny, you know me only too well :eek: - yes, I confess, my shopping was done on line. With my intense loathing of shopping, did you really think I would get up at stupid o'clock to join the rugby scrum that is the Next sale??? :D. I was really lucky and got one of the first 'VIP' time slots on line (because I've got a Next directory account), so got to select my sale stuff on 22nd Dec instead of the usual 26th/27th, and picked up loads of bargains.

Anyway gonna finish for now, but stick at it - we can both finish what we started, if we just take it one day at a time and one meal at a time if necessary!

We can do this!!!

Speak soon
Kirsten x

Hi Kirsten
Didn't do too well with the DC, the food was lovely but just didn't fill me and I kept adding extras so after doing it for 1 week I was still the same weight.
As for the PMc I keep FORGETTING to do it! :8855:
I think you could be right about me trying good old CC, my only problem is my evenings, every single night I start munching my way through a whole load of stuff like cereal, biscuits, toast, and I don't know why :sigh: I am so good right through the day.
How many calories a day are you on? i don't know what to aim for, I'd be happy just losing 1 or 2 lb a week

Hi Dawn

Hope all is ok with you. I'm not too bad, had a bit of a 'nothingy weekend' and was bit fed up with myself :(. Think its probably just the time of year - dark mornings & evenings, short days, miserable weather :sigh: It just doesn't suit me at all.

Still, holiday has to be paid for tomorrow (boo :mad:) but at least then I know that I'm on a 12 week count down to the sunshine (yeah :D)

Have you made a start with calorie counting? I tend to try and stick with 1400 cals and a bit of exercise thrown in for good measure. However some days I make allowances for the fact that I'm not a saint :p and if necessary aim for around 1800 cals to maintain. Of course there are days when I go totally off on one :rolleyes:, but I tend to find if I still record my calorie intake (a) its nowhere near as bad as I imagined, in terms of needing an extra 3500 cals to gain a pound of fat, and (b) It also tends to slow down what might have become a full blown binge (yes I still have those :eek:) - I think its probably the fact that I write down what I want first and keep a running total. Then I end up having a conversation with myself about what I'm doing and that my overdoing it on the calories can still be salvaged for the day - if that makes sense??

I also weigh myself every day. I know that for some people this is a big no-no, and that it can really mess with your mind (this happens to me occasionally). But I find what it mainly does for me is help me understand what is a 'normal' pattern for my body and the effect that eating certain/too much food have on my body weight. For instance I know that a pound or two gain is not always down to the calories I've eaten but the composition of those calories (more than normal carbs) and over a day or two my weight will drop and level out again.

I also still find Minimins an immense source of support. I come on here most days. I don't always post, but tend to read a lot. Not only does it keep me away from the kitchen :p, but some posts also give me food for thought (if you'll pardon the 'food' reference :D). It also helps to keep me in the right 'mindset' and gets me back on track if I've had a rocky few days. I firmly believe that it has helped me to maintain the weightloss. So, good or bad, I'm always here ;).

I'm also addicted to the arcade.....but thats another story :8855:

I'm concious that I need to do some more 'head work' on myself........I don't find maintaining easy, but then I guess I'm not alone in feeling this way. So I feel exploring my inner thoughts is a path I need to take.

I'm in no way saying that what I do is the right way - but I'm doing the best I can. I've never dieted before and maintained for any length of time at all, so I'm just feeling my way along and learning as I go!

Anyway onto a lighter note - do you remember me telling you about my sister? The one with the baby girl? (I say baby, but she's 2 now, so more of a toddler). Well she also did CD back in September and she has gone from 13.9 to 10.3 now :eek:, she dropped the weight so quickly :eek:. She's now moving up the steps (1200 this week). Honestly, its just like talking to me a year ago :p y'no all the fears about gaining weight again etc. She's done so well, and had the added bonus of me 'been there done that' to offer support when needed. She looks great!

Anyway gotta go now, I've cooked a WW recipe turkey cottage pie for dinner, so I'm off to eat that!

Take care and speak soon

Hiya

first of all my congratulations to your sister, that's fantastic, I'm sure having your support and experience was a great help. I think last time we spoke you were attempting WW classes together? What made her bite the bullet and go for CD? It must have been looking at you and your success.

Maintaining or just getting a few lbs off is extremely difficult though isn't it. And it really is a 'mind place' it's something we need to be conscious of for the rest of our life.

I'm usually like you and jump on the scales every day, it's always helped me because if I put a lb or 2 on then I can quickly address it, if I weigh once a week and had put 3 or 4lb on I'd find that more difficult to deal with. Saying that though I've decided to keep away from the scales for a little while though (unheard of for me to be honest) as I've been the exact same weight (give or take 2lbs) for weeks and weeks now. So yes, I've decided to start CC. I started on Monday and went back to the website Daily Plate where I can track all the food I'm eating. Instead of putting in I want to lose 2lb a week (which is what I would normally do) I went for a more realistic 1lb a week and it has given me a goal of 1600 calories a day. At the same time I've given myself a challenge to try and cut down the amount of carbs I eat, just going down a few a day as I know I eat far too many, so I'll see if that will help too.

12 week countdown begins then! The hard part will be over today anyway (paying for it) so the easy :D bit is the weight!

Good luck x

Back