• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can't wait that long............HELP ~~ "lol"~~

Kizzy70

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get my surgery sooner (without going private). I'm so desperate, and have been told it's approx a 2 year wait!!

I am not looking at a "quick fix" and have been dieting for the past 25 years!!!:cry:

The thought of waiting so long is really upsetting, and I feel my life is on hold.

I just want to be able to start living again, smile, and be able to paint my toenails ready for summer.

I have never been this big, and went clothes shopping yesterday, and came back empty handed, I looked a complete monster in all the items I tried on, I just don't know how I'm going to get through summer!

Sorry to moan guys but just don't know what to do :(

Not sure what to suggest hun, but didn't want to read and run.
Which PCT are you under?
xXx

I'm afraid that with the nhs it does tend to be a long wait. But although my journey has taken 14 months so far, it really has sped by. The first year was spent having lots of tests to check for comorbidities and I also have the benefit of a monthly wls support group meeting at the hospital.
It's also given me time to learn as much as I can about the surgery and get myself mentally and physically prepared for it.
2 years sounds a really long time but 25 years of dieting is a lot longer hon and that's the best way to look at it.

I painted my toe nails yesterday and was amazed at how much easier it had become!
I have no suggestions for getting your surgery sooner im afraid, but I sympathise with you. Once you make up your mind that wls is way forward, you don't want to wait two years!
I went private and had to wait one month and even that felt too long!
xxx

i cant advise you really. I remember feeing utter desperation especially when my PCT refused and said unless i got diabetes, it was unlikely id get the funding.

Maybe you can be tested for the usual suspects (eg sleep anpea, diabetes etc) if youre found to have something else, maybe it could speed up the process?

x

Unfortunately there isnt a way you can get it done sooner(without going private), you have 2 wait your turn basically as we all have done. I waited 16 months and finally had my surgery, I have known someone too have waited 6 years and some on here are still waiting after 3 years, but your time will come and it will all be worth the wait xxxxx All the best hun xx

Sorry that you have to wait, I know it can be soul destroying :(
I waiting 4 years for surgery and still wasn't able to get it...... In the end I took a deep breath and took out a loan to pay for it. I know that not everyone is able to do this, but even though I will be paying this loan for a good few years I don't regret it for a minute.
Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear,
Good luck tasha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm under Bexley PCT, I am really worried that by the time my date for surgery comes the funding will have stopped!!

Thanks for the support guys X

Its awful how long the wait is mine will be very near 3 yrs from referral to surgery (tho I was lost in the system for a while). Please dont give up just keep going and you never know the rules could change. As for funding being stopped I would be encouraged by all the positsive news in the press today about how WLS is saving the NHS money in the long run. Hopefully this will see funding more readily available instead of being stopped. X

I thought my wait had taken an eternity, but from my first hospital appt after GP referral to my surgery date in June, it will have been 10 months. I now feel really lucky to have been dealt with in this timeframe.

Hi Kizzy

I understand totally how you feel.. I was told after my 1st group forum it would be another 18 months till operation.. :(

I have resigned myself to the fact it is a long wait and now i am working on stopping putting my life on hold (which i have done for over a year now ) and sorting out my head so i dont transfer my food addiction for some other addiction..

I am finding the wait hard to deal with at times too :( ...

Big hugs kizzy xx

Sorry you have a long wait. Unless you go private I dont know how you can make it any faster. Look at this as time to start to change your life and habits. Get your head into gear and look at things differently. Then its not such a big change to yourself once you have had the op.

Good look with your journey all I can say is the other side is fantasic and so life changing it is well worth the wait

Best wishes

Jo
xx

Back