• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 Things That I Can't Wait For!

Fading Grace

Fading Away
Of course there will be more than 15 things that I cannot wait for once I've had my op, and lost all of the weight that I am aiming for, but I would be here all night listing those, so I will condense it down to my top 15 (in no particular order)

1. For my daughter to be able to cuddle all of me instead of just half! :rolleyes:
2. To see my face without multiple chins!
3. To be able to cut and polish my toe nails with ease!
4. To be able to fit inside a diners booth with ease and not worry about chairs in cafe's smashing to smithereens if I sit in them!
5. To be able to buy clothes off the rack from any of the trendy high street stores!
6. To see the shock :eek: on people's face when they see that I am half the woman I used to be!
7. To be able to go swimming once more and feel happy & confident!
8. To be able to fit on a funfair ride with my daughter!
9. To go into a store where they DON'T have my size because I am too SMALL to fit into them (Not really sure that one will ever happen to me unless it's in Evans!) :p
10. To not feel like a trapped loaf of bead in a small baking tin when I have a bath!
11. To roll over in bed without feeling like a Juggernaut doing a 6 point turn!
12. To be able to bend down with ease while putting my socks/shoes on!
13. To be able to wear sexy high heels again!
14. To notice that men are noticing me again!
15. To feel happy, confident and beautiful again because it's been well over 10 years since the last time that I felt like that :cry:

Well, no doubt I'll think of tons more things once I hit the Submit button, but these are the things that popped into my mind now.
Feel free to leave your own " I can't wait for..." things :)

Last edited:
All of the above!
16. To not have to move my belly out the way to see the scales!!!!!
17. To buy knee length boots in a regular shop.
18. When my friends ask me to go out the first reaction to be ooh what shall I wear not oh no I can't go I'm too embarrassed!

All of the above!
16. To not have to move my belly out the way to see the scales!!!!!
17. To buy knee length boots in a regular shop.
18. When my friends ask me to go out the first reaction to be ooh what shall I wear not oh no I can't go I'm too embarrassed!

LOL OMG yeah! I have to move my belly when I take a shower to make sure that everything gets washed! What a joy to be able to see my toes again when looking down, I haven't seen mine since the early 90's! :8855:

All of the above and:

get more 'play time' if you know what I mean
fit in an aeroplane seat and be able to use the loo on board
No more extension belt
Not to over heat whilst on my summer holiday
No more bag lady/ push chair minder
Water park fun
Piggy back ride
No more sore inner thighs and throw away talc n nappy rash creams

I got 50 on my list and I'm now waiting for number 50 to be completed which is the piggy back ride. Cant wait for the sun to shine :flirt2:

I love this thread!!!

All of the above and:

Not cringe when I see myself side on
Want to cancel social events for the fear of getting ready and having nothing to wear

Fading Grace said:
Of course there will be more than 15 things that I cannot wait for once I've had my op, and lost all of the weight that I am aiming for, but I would be here all night listing those, so I will condense it down to my top 15 (in no particular order)

1. For my daughter to be able to cuddle all of me inside of just half! :rolleyes:
2. To see my face without multiple chins!
3. To be able to cut and polish my toe nails with ease!
4. To be able to fit inside a diners booth with ease and not worry about chairs in cafe's smashing to smithereens if I sit in them!
5. To be able to buy clothes off the rack from any of the trendy high street stores!
6. To see the shock :eek: on people's face when they see that I am half the woman I used to be!
7. To be able to go swimming once more and feel happy & confident!
8. To be able to fit on a funfair ride with my daughter!
9. To go into a store where they DON'T have my size because I am too SMALL to fit into them (Not really sure that one will ever happen to me unless it's in Evans!) :p
10. To not feel like a trapped loaf of bead in a small baking tin when I have a bath!
11. To roll over in bed without feeling like a Juggernaut doing a 6 point turn!
12. To be able to bend down with ease while putting my socks/shoes on!
13. To be able to wear sexy high heels again!
14. To notice that men are noticing me again!
15. To feel happy, confident and beautiful again because it's been well over 10 years since the last time that I felt like that :cry:

Well, no doubt I'll think of tons more things once I hit the Submit button, but these are the things that popped into my mind now.
Feel free to leave your own " I can't wait for..." things :)

Like this post

janifred have you tried using a 24 hour deodorant instead of talc? i find it works really well to prevent chaffing x

DinkyDink, thanks and wished I'd known that pre-op as now I have a clear triangle gap at the top of my legs so I've thrown away the talc n nappy rash creams thanks for the tip tho :))

thankyou every one this thread has made me chuckle im conpletly with you all 100% seeing it in writing its like yeah and yeah i do that

great post hun....and for sure you will achieve all this... you will be ticking all those off before you know it lol x

Other things that I can now do:

To be able to get in and out of my car if someone parks very close to mine in the next bay. I once had to ask a complete stranger to get into my car and drive it out of the bay so I could get in, talk about taking a risk!

Similarly; I can now slip into a narrow space behind my dressing table if things fall behind it, or I need to access some wires at the back.

If I get a pebble in my lace-up shoe in the middle of a field or somewhere I have nowhere to sit down, or put my foot up onto something; I can now bend down, take my shoe off, take the pebble out, put my shoe on again and do up the laces. All without help.

I can't wait to be able to sit on the beach sand and be able to get up. To not have to use a chair.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Oh boy, Ruthie.. I hear you about the pebbles in the shoes! I live right by the beach so this happens to me often and I have to ask my daughter to take any stones out... that's if she's with me. If not I have to hobble home gracefully! :dooney:

Silly I know but I'm dying to buy cheap underwear from Primark!
I love all their cheap and cheerful knickers and funky bras.;)

Evenstarr said:
Silly I know but I'm dying to buy cheap underwear from Primark!
I love all their cheap and cheerful knickers and funky bras.;)

I thought that too! But hang fire...not everyone loses their best assets! Trust me to still have a fine pair! Lol :D x

I thought that too! But hang fire...not everyone loses their best assets! Trust me to still have a fine pair! Lol :D x

Oooooh I'll be heartbroken if they dwindle away to nothing, I'd be happy with a D cup though instead of a G cup! :D

Ooh me too I was in there the other day! Looks like at least we can get the knickers girls if not the bras!! Haha time will tell!! X

Back