• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I dont meet the criteria....

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
gonna say i told you so ;)

lol anyhoo...story time...

i phoned heartlands WM clinic, they recieved my referral but have written back to the GP to advise i dont meet the criteria, their criteria is BMI 45 and co-morbidities....AND their BMI criteria changes dependant upon ethnic background!!!

SO, ive made an appointment with the GP for 6pm on tues, and hopefully can have a blood test on weds morning for any diabetes etc

Im going to ask the GP for a sleep apnea test (to be fair, i didnt even know it ever existed lol so you never know, i may have it

if i have neither...im back to diet and excercise and hopefully going through this will help me keep it off...:cry:

keep at it dont give up yet

aww missy what a bummer :( i dont quite fit the criteria either :( just hope my doc does a good job :sigh:
good luck with your appointment, fingers crossed for you xxx

im suprisingly ok about it...this is the start of my fight i suppose lol

Missy I notice your BMI isn't that far from 45. I know of a few people who have made sure they clear the 45 target whilst looking for a co-morbidity to back up their case.
Whilst I would never condone gaining weight deliberately the whole NHS funding is a game and if that's how you need to play it then needs must.
Good luck!!
xx

do not give up sweets, there s plenty on here who had this same result and are now post oppers! keep going keep strong and you ll get there x

Missy I notice your BMI isn't that far from 45. I know of a few people who have made sure they clear the 45 target whilst looking for a co-morbidity to back up their case.
Whilst I would never condone gaining weight deliberately the whole NHS funding is a game and if that's how you need to play it then needs must.
Good luck!!
xx

Louise, although i hate to say and do this....but ill be putting weight on now purposley....

i calculated that i needed to put on 4 stone to up my bmi to 50+ and refused to do that completley..
for the sake of a few lbs...i will be doing it...

ill do the maths when i get home..:cool:

Sorry to hear that hun but as others have said, don't give up!!

When I first went to see my doctor he didn't know much about weight loss surgery so looked into it for me. When I went back to see him he said my BMI wasn't quite high enough for a referral and suggested that I go away and put on a few lbs to met the criteria!!

Definitely get checked out for OSA and I can't imagine you'll need to increase your weight a massive amount to get from 44.2 to 45! If you complete the epworth scale it might give you an idea as to whether you have OSA or not, there's a good one here: Epworth Sleepiness Scale

H xx

Louise, although i hate to say and do this....but ill be putting weight on now purposley....

i calculated that i needed to put on 4 stone to up my bmi to 50+ and refused to do that completley..
for the sake of a few lbs...i will be doing it...

ill do the maths when i get home..:cool:
it would also be totally wrong to bend your knees a little when doing your height, and wearing ankle weights is an absolute no no when being weighed! good luck :D xxx

i was refused twice due to not fitting some criteria or other and i didn't up my weight just kept pestering doc and dietician :) don't give up honey x

You really are not far off 45. LEG WEIGHTS its what i done!!!!

quick calculations tell me 7lb more and i would be over 50+BMI

ive never tried to put on weight....only lose it! lol

you watch me have problems putting weight on haha

That bmi is ridiculous!! My pct is only 30+ bmi for referral. Good luck with it Hun. I'd defo cheat!! But that's me lol :) xx

That bmi is ridiculous!! My pct is only 30+ bmi for referral. Good luck with it Hun. I'd defo cheat!! But that's me lol :) xx

oh i wish lol...if have never got to this state f that were the case....

oh well, what will be will be.....but im gonna enjoy pizza and wine tonight lol

Good luck with your refeed diet honey :sigh: shame what they drive you to do in some PCT areas :mad: Hope your doctor can help on Tuesday ... leg weights, stones in pockets, knee bends ... all totally wrong :rolleyes: but whatever you need to do at this point, sweetie. Wonder how much Rayne's suppositories weigh :confused: lol xxx :)

the sspct have got back to me today...after i had found out i dont meet criteria lol

BUT on the list is says 50BMI...yet on the letter they sent to my GP it states im not over 45BMI...pffft

i have a feeling the PCT's are like local councils.....left hand don't know what the right hand is doing haha

MissyMustDoIt said:
quick calculations tell me 7lb more and i would be over 50+BMI

ive never tried to put on weight....only lose it! lol

you watch me have problems putting weight on haha

I had a BMI of 47.7 & had to put on about 5-7 lbs which I did on a 2 week pig out . Once I had seen Dr I then don't weigh for 10 days & had lost the extra .
Good luck

Lol its a strange thought to have to PUT weight on!!

Back