• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I dont meet the criteria....

MissyMustDoIt said:
oh i wish lol...if have never got to this state f that were the case....

oh well, what will be will be.....but im gonna enjoy pizza and wine tonight lol

Sorry my pct is 35+ bmi with an under lying health condition which is effected by weight I have pcos and back problems xx

I have back pain but put this down to my massive hooters!! Lol

Mine was 45 with co-morbidities or 50+ without, maybe yours is similar to that?

H xx

Maybe, as i say, the pct have emailed me the policy docs, i think ive actually read them but ill read them again and see...ill update later x

Caren said:
it would also be totally wrong to bend your knees a little when doing your height, and wearing ankle weights is an absolute no no when being weighed! good luck :D xxx

Lol ya that's great advice on what we should never do!

Good luck! I had to gain to hit the Bmi. I certainly didn't stuff weights in my bra either. ;-)

Whose criteria? The commissioners for funding?

Totally! roll of the start of commissioning so the PCT's will all be gone and it will be down to the GP what money gets spent where!

It won't quite be that simple. For instance, in the North West they are considering commissioning bariatrics at a regional level.

Also, GPs are all part of large consortias - who will have an administration very similar to PCTs and decisions around commissioning priorities will be made by a Health and Well Being Board which will have GPs, Councillors, Council Officers on it.

To be honest - it doesn't look like it will be any better and it might very well be worse.

Whose criteria? The commissioners for funding?

South staffs PCT presumably. Heartlands Weight Management refused my referral advising i didnt have a BMI of 45 or more.

Have you had your TSH levels checked? I was tested for years and always came back normal but then went through the roof after having my daughter - my BMI wasn't really high enough but getting the op because of hypothyroidism x

Have you had your TSH levels checked? I was tested for years and always came back normal but then went through the roof after having my daughter - my BMI wasn't really high enough but getting the op because of hypothyroidism x

Hi, i havent had any bloods done so ill be asking to have them done this week...

whats TSH?

Perhaps the GP has not fully meet the referral process in the first place, our referral centre wont accept any referrals without about a four page document, a hole batch of bloods and proof of 6 month continual effort at dieting... makes it so unfair all this variation everywhere within the uk ?!

Perhaps the GP has not fully meet the referral process in the first place, our referral centre wont accept any referrals without about a four page document, a hole batch of bloods and proof of 6 month continual effort at dieting... makes it so unfair all this variation everywhere within the uk ?!

yup, but im willing to put the time in and jump through the hoops they ask....

it was never going to be an easy ride :rolleyes:

TSH ... thyroid serum hormone

TSH - also ask for your T4 to be checked as sometimes your TSH can be normal and your T4 is abnormal, T4 is the thyroxine your body makes it'self and it can be altered but with a normal TSH, which will also effect weight gain/loss. x

blimey the doc isnt going to know whats hit her lol

Back