• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I dont understand?! :-(

bex j88

I just don't understand why I've not lost any weight in last 10 days?!

Although I've lost 17lb in 3 weeks (1 week pre op 2 weeks post) now Ive gone 10 days the same- even though I'm eating the same or less calories. (900 give or take)

Why is this?

When I spoke to dietician on Monday she said not to expect weight loss until 2 weeks post 1st fill.... But she didn't tell me why- and at the time I was so relieved to hear that I didn't think to ask?

I'm having a wobble and a huff about this - guess il call dietician again tomo but thought I'd put a shout out to anyone who might have a definitive answer to stop me from stressing over night! :-$

Much love
Bex x

A lot stall at this point for week or two so try not to panic . Keep the focus, stay good and you'll be back moving soon. Your body has gone into shock and us trying to hold onto its stores! If you let it get to you, and then eat crap you'll just go the other way x

Try not to let it get you down Bex but if you do call the dietician, discuss calories etc - it might be that as they are on the low side your body is holding on to the pounds xx

]i too was going to say that I maybe that the cals are on the low side. Although my provide suggests 1000 cals a day, my weight loss has been better when ive been at around 1100-1200 cals, sometimes we just arent eating enough and It is only when we get to a good level and balance that the weight loss kicks in.

Also you've lost a lot in a short space of time, the body often goes into a shock state so hangs onto its lbs. take measurements regularly as well as weight cos often you will see changes in one and not the other.

They do often say not to expect weight loss Neil you start getting restriction and that anything lost to that point is a bonus, but also remember average loss with a band is only 1-2lb per week, you're ahead of the game - hang on to the positives and dont let it get you down, and also check what your 900 cals consist of. Protein will help speed up losses, try and make it the focus of your diet. :)

Just bear in mind we are all different. If I went above 900 calls that used to halt me....low I know but my body only wanted 800ish to be effective x

i think you need to rememebr that untill you have had a few fills your not really gona have restriction which will mean your weightloss is going to be slow , thiz is completly normal i dont think providers stress enough that the band works at its best a good few months after initial op , its a race not a sprint good luck x

Back