• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weightloss after 6 weeks

xbander

Hi well I did the Milk diet for 4 weeks and lost over my 5% but the last 10 days of my milk diet I didn't loose, have been on the refeeding diet of 2 pints of semi skimmed milk, one 400 cal meal and 2 x 200 cal snacks.
although in the first 5 days I lost a few pounds, my weight has been static again for 10 days, I am having between 1100 and 1200 calories a day and keeping a record on my fitness pal, they said I could use ready meals, so I have been so I can keep tabs on my calorie intake easier, just can't understand why I am not loosing.

You might want to stop the ready meals, they have a lot of artificial preservatives are aren't good for healthy eating. I lived on them for a year and put on 10kg. The other thing to record is calories out - how active are you? Do you go for walks?

Remember the pre-op diet is about shrinking your liver more than weight loss. Of course keeping within 700-1100 calories (depending on the diet) will result in some weight loss.

How are you coping with your targets? Sometimes it's good to see them slightly flexibly but the important thing to do is think 'what did I do wrong?' and 'how can I reduce calories in and increase calories out?'

Best of luck.

I have been going to the Gym three times a week for an hour at a time to get exercise as walking is difficult for me, am partly sighted and walk with a cane, as well as having Planters Fascitis which makes walking painful and difficult.
I have followed the diet advised by the Hospital, I use the ready meals to get used to portion control and find they taste better than when I cook them but do try to stick to the meat and veg meals rather than pies etc, I need food that isn't dry as I have a gastric band in site (which alas hasn't worked) I find using stock as gravy has no taste to it, it just tasts of water on my food and makes it very unappetising, I was told by the Hospital that ready meals were ok to use, and have followed there diet down to a tee.
I drink at least 4 litres of water as well, I don't want to cut down any more on my calorie intake unless they tell me to, I will have to discuss it with them when I see them in a couple of weeks time, its just tough when you don't see any benefit of the diet, as I hate Milk the diet is hell for me, but I am sticking to it like glue as having the revision surgery is so important to me, especially as my sight is only going to get worse in the future and I want to be able to remain mobile and independent, not in a wheelchair.

The less mobile you are the lower the calories out so it's even more important to limit the calories in. I suggest you speak to your surgical team to get advice

Back