• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i feel like crying

Hahaha... you know me so well.... as Elaine rightly said!
xxx

oooo my fave song was sweet dreams x

Yes love, it starts at 7pm, but people gather earlier, I was hoping to get there at the latest 6pm to chat with everyone and share a cup of tea...

What time do you finish there, maybe I could come earlier and stay with you? Assuming your WM is at the Salford Royal

xxx
WM is here in Warrington 5:30- 7pm :eek: I've had a chat to my hubby who said to miss 1 week WM shouldn't be a problem :confused: I think ill benefit more from going to Salford as WM is common sense stuff, HELP! There's people in the group who have missed a session but i don't know if their wanting WLS xxx

Hi Kelly
Sorry I can't offer to come with you to your appointment as I live down in Essex but I'll be with you in thought!
You're often one that gives out kind words and advice to people on here so it's nice to see so many people giving something back to you. Good luck hun. x (My first appts 25 August - I'm excited and scared a tthe same time!)

arghhh thanks karen , good luck sweetpea with your appointment its exciting hey xx

Hi Kelly, Just wondered if you had anything sorted hun?? I looked where you are to me and i live just outside of Birmingham, so not that far really, is there anything i can do to help, sorry i posted last night and had to go out, and haven't scrolled through your replies, Please if there is ANYTHING i can do, please let me know.
My heart goes out to you, my twin boys have just finished 8 years in the forces and have done Afghanistan and Iraq (one was injured, but is ok now) so i kinda know how it feels to have a loved one in such dangerous place and feel alone sometimes xxxxx

oooo k8y bear i truely appreciate that :) im hoping my friend will get back to me today, its always the way hey when the hubba is away, its bloody sods law but as you can appreciate and everyone else who is in this waiting game, delaying any appointment just isnt an option esp when you could be told yep your now on the list for surgery..... if you dont mind me asking is your son ok now?... i mean no permant lasting injuries?... is horrific hey, ied's are the main threat out there, just so sad and terrible for anyone injured out there.....my hubbi and his dog ( freddie ) :) search for them, :-/ i just try not think about it :-(....... how you doing nayway sweetpea on your pre op diet?..xxx

If you ever do need anything and you're at a loss, i really do mean it hun, being an army wife is NOT the easiest thing!!
They are fine physically, i just worry about what what went on, they were on patroll when one of their friends was killed, quite horrific by all accounts and they tried to save him, so i think guilt is a big problem. The army didn't encourage them to get councelling and they never have/would.
I begged them to come out when they could, selfish really, they were both corprals and one was about to do his Sgt cardre (might have misspelt that lol)
The IED's are a massive problem, they fill them with human mess and all sorts so when you are injured you have secondry infection in the wound as it blasts into the skin and up into the wound. My son has a leg injury, he has a scar from the top of his leg to his knee at the back, it's about 2 inches wide, he recived a pitence from the army in damages.
I have to say the staff at Selly Oak were fabulous, really friendly and helpfull.
They still are very regimented and they are big lads, kind of old fashioned in a way too, although they are only 26.
I bet you are sooo excited about hubbies home coming hun! Will you go to the barracks to see them come home, it's always so emotional. xxxxxx

oooo no ill be at home with the boys, when they do the march in the local town ill go, its VERY emotional... i think now there is more empahisis on ptsd (post traumatic stress disorder), thank god as its a major major problem, its very hard for them to come home and try get on with 'normal life' they do give them decompression in cyprus on the way back so they can let of steam there...... sellyoak is fab hey its brillinat that so much money gets pumped into it and so it should!!!!!..... you can only imagine what they go through and see beyone comprahension......thankyou so much for the support! i do appreciate it this site, its better than the welfare hahahha x

Back