• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i feel like ive got to start all over again!

Hi you lovely supportive lot!

Im back and i have not been good!
As most of you know my mum died 6 weeks ago and i have been helping my dad etc and been on hols and the kids have been off school and and and and.......

Well i have been really rubbish with my food! I have had one fill (op June 18th) had 1st fill and felt a very tiny amount of restriction for a couple of days and that was that! I have been drinking & eating almost as much as before the op.

As my family have said ' well u have been through it abit just lately,' but this shouldn't be an excuse.

I have rung for another fill explaining that i am still hungry and still can eat large amounts.

I am 4lbs HEAVIER than i was at 1st fill on 31st July.

What am i going to do...i have lost the plot?

HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No you havent lost the plot, you have just been through a hard time.

But you do seem to be recognising where you have been going wrong and so are now ready to take steps to over come what has been dragging you back. See your next fill as a new start, you cannot change what has already been done so just pick yourself up, and start again.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

:) xxxxx

you havent lost the plot, you have had a really hard time in the early stages of banding, please dont worry it sounds like you just need a fill when the restriction comes properly the weight will start to move.

liz x

You are mourning the loss of your mother and everything else has taken a step back. When your head is in the right place, you will get back on track. Think you should give yourself a break to be honest - grief does all sorts of things to the head. Hugs to you.

Sorry about your Mum,listen to what everyone has said.Take a big,deep breath and start again.Contact your dietician to check on your eating.You have had to deal with so much all at the same time,we are not superhuman and a death in the family will knock for six for a long time.It took me 3/4 years to accept my Mums death.Best wishes hun you know you can do it.x

Hi scrunchie, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss, I have not been on much lately and just read this post. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time....and dont be too hard on yourself x x

lips.jpg

First of all lovely to see you back. You have been through a traumatic/difficult time which will have included supporting everyone else and probably holding back on your own grief in places so you certainly haven't lost the plot completly the opposite you have been there for eveyone. 4lbs will soon disappear and once you have that next fill i'm sure you will notice the difference and we will be here to help you along the way. Sending you a big hug x

Good to see you back!

As the others have said when you feel ready you know what you need to do to get back on track. Get that fill sorted talk over your eating habbits with the dietician and chat to us lot as much as you need - you know where we all are.

Take care x

Sorry to hear about your mom. Old habits are hard to break and when we are feeling at a low or are distracted they are so easy to fall back into as they are comfortable and our friend so to speak.

All is not lost, the early days of having a band are a bit hit and miss and until you get the right restriction it's hard enough when your head is in the right place. You have realised what's happening and are taking measures to combat it.

Draw a line underneath your eating and start a fresh, we learn by our mistakes but this is what makes us who we are.

Hi you lovely supportive lot!

Im back and i have not been good!
As most of you know my mum died 6 weeks ago and i have been helping my dad etc and been on hols and the kids have been off school and and and and.......

Well i have been really rubbish with my food! I have had one fill (op June 18th) had 1st fill and felt a very tiny amount of restriction for a couple of days and that was that! I have been drinking & eating almost as much as before the op.

As my family have said ' well u have been through it abit just lately,' but this shouldn't be an excuse.

I have rung for another fill explaining that i am still hungry and still can eat large amounts.

I am 4lbs HEAVIER than i was at 1st fill on 31st July.

What am i going to do...i have lost the plot?

HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome back hun x x x

OMG :eek: 4lb that is shocking :giggle: by the sound of your post I thought you had a stone back on, its only 4lb and considering what you have been through i'd say its amazing you didn't put on more than that. You have very little restriction with 1 fill anyway so when you get your 2nd one believe me you will notice a big difference I have!!

Get back on track and back on here and it will be off you in no time I guarantee it

Hope all is well with you and your daddy

Kate x

Great to see you posting about your life and also the struggles.
So sorry to hear about your loss.
As others have said , get another fill speak to your support team and read andpost here .
iT REALLY DOES HELP!
Best of luck Mia

God u lot are fab!!!!
Thanks Kate...i feel you almost know me too wel heeheeeheee!
Nice to be back and i was as good as gold all day yesterday...so hopefully i can keep on track! Although i cant wait for my next fill.
I know 4lbs doesnt seem like alot but after all the money it cost and how well it had gone up until 6 weeks ago.....well u know what i mean!
Hope you are all well too...i will try to catch up on what i have missed over the next couple of days.

BIG HUGS AND LOVES
Thanks again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back