• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel soooo ashamed ..... and guilty :-(

lynne08

I just need to get this off my chest coz I feel so bad :mad:

I rang the hospital this morning to see if they could tell me where I was in the queue, so to speak. the secretary said the longest I would wait is January, which is what I was expecting. then she passed me over to another secretary who asked me if I had lost weight since the appointment before my endoscopy and I told her I had met weight loss target for the endoscopy. she asked if I had put on any weight since the endoscopy, and fearing what she might say, I told her that I hadn't lost and I hadn't gained since then. I have actually put on 7lb since then but didn't want to tell her as I was embarrassed.

Then came the shock..... she told me that they had a cancellation for Sunday... and I panicked !!!!

knowing that I had gained weight I straight away said I couldn't do it because I had birthdays at the weekend (which is true - hubby's sat & daughters 19th sun)

I just feel so ashamed now because I have gained weight. I can't tell my hubby that I ave been offered a cancellation as he will be furious with me fir not watching my weight (in a loving way though) but I feel like I have now let everyone down, even you lot on here. I've messed up again. I don't deserve this op :break_diet:

sorry for offloading but just needed to tell someone :sigh:

it's given me a kick up the but to take this seriously and those 7lbs will be gone in a months time. thus us my commitment to you all!

thanks for reading
:booboo::booboo:

xxx

Ring them back!! I had the same. I too have my op this Sunday and I had gained 10lb :eek:. Under 2 weeks later and a strict diet, ie. milk one, I have lost that plus 2 more to boot!! If that is not a kick up the ass, nowt will be. Work for it and you can lose it xxx

hi lynne .dont beat yourself up love , i wonder if youd gone on the liver shrinkage til sunday you might have lost the 7 pound ,ive honestly lost over 7 kilos in just over a week,sticking to my liver shrinkage diet , couldnt you ring them back or are you happy to wait? xxxx good luck either way x

Oh Sweetheart , You haven't let anybody down! It just wasn't meant to be this time ..... maybe this happened to give you a kick up the bum ... which it has , so use this as your motivation, and im sure your hubby would be very understanding. whos to say there wont be a cancellation in oct,nov,dec?? I am a great believer in things happening for a reason , and this is just a lovely big push to help motivate you....

You haven't let anyone down, put this down to experience ... you'll soon be counting the sleeps !

Much love

btw .... the real test will be with the birthday cake at the weekend ! ;-)

You owe us nothing honey, if you think you are worth it; make the commitment to yourself

Ring them back!! I had the same. I too have my op this Sunday and I had gained 10lb :eek:. Under 2 weeks later and a strict diet, ie. milk one, I have lost that plus 2 more to boot!! If that is not a kick up the ass, nowt will be. Work for it and you can lose it xxx
thanks Kellie. I actually thought of you when I came of the phone this morning, and all the hints and tips you have had and been given. I'm on leave from work this week and next too so it would have been ideal. I just don't think that my head is in the right place for Sunday. then again it's gonna happen sometime soon. I'm SCARED!!!

OMG I feel like sh*t!

hi lynne .dont beat yourself up love , i wonder if youd gone on the liver shrinkage til sunday you might have lost the 7 pound ,ive honestly lost over 7 kilos in just over a week,sticking to my liver shrinkage diet , couldnt you ring them back or are you happy to wait? xxxx good luck either way x
oh Dawn, thanks for the lovely words. my head is in the shed! I think I'll just have to wait my turn. it's given me a kick up the backside nit to be so complacent though xxx

Oh Sweetheart , You haven't let anybody down! It just wasn't meant to be this time ..... maybe this happened to give you a kick up the bum ... which it has , so use this as your motivation, and im sure your hubby would be very understanding. whos to say there wont be a cancellation in oct,nov,dec?? I am a great believer in things happening for a reason , and this is just a lovely big push to help motivate you....

You haven't let anyone down, put this down to experience ... you'll soon be counting the sleeps !

Much love

btw .... the real test will be with the birthday cake at the weekend ! ;-)
thank you Clare. I do also believe that things happen for a reason. my life has been full of drama over the years and this is just another to add to the list. you are right ..... other cancellations may arise so I'll get my head into gear to loose this bl**dy 7lbs ASAP!

big hug to you!

thanks Kellie. I actually thought of you when I came of the phone this morning, and all the hints and tips you have had and been given. I'm on leave from work this week and next too so it would have been ideal. I just don't think that my head is in the right place for Sunday. then again it's gonna happen sometime soon. I'm SCARED!!!

OMG I feel like sh*t!
Do not beat yourself up about it hunni!!
I too panicked when they gave me a date but give your head a wobble and you can do it!
I walk the coast road with you if you like? I tend to walk an hour from the Bamburgh to the lighthouse. Clears the cobwebs and the lb's!
You have 6 24 hour days to lose just 7lb. Easy peasy haha. Plus, on the selfish side it would be luvly to have someone from Shields with me! xx :)
Sending positive thoughts xxxxx

You owe us nothing honey, if you think you are worth it; make the commitment to yourself
thanks Karlos .... I do think I'm worth it (sound like Cheryl Cole .... wish I looked like her too :)) this shock has definitely given me a wake up call to get a grip. these things happen fir a reason

ps. should I tell my hubby????

Do not beat yourself up about it hunni!!
I too panicked when they gave me a date but give your head a wobble and you can do it!
I walk the coast road with you if you like? I tend to walk an hour from the Bamburgh to the lighthouse. Clears the cobwebs and the lb's!
You have 6 24 hour days to lose just 7lb. Easy peasy haha. Plus, on the selfish side it would be luvly to have someone from Shields with me! xx :)
Sending positive thoughts xxxxx
bless ya Kellie! I would have loved to share the experience with you too. I think I'll just wait my turn when I've got time to have lost the weight properly and not set myself up for the op only to be sent home on Sunday having not lost the weight! my downfall is lack of exercise due to severe back pain but need to think of something. I think the cobwebs may need to be dusted off the exercise bike! :) xxx

Karlos said:
Only you know the answer to that honeybunch x

Mmmmmm....... I'll need to pluck up the courage for that one! Thanks karlos xxx

Oooops ... what a predicament :( I am not judging you, my love, as no one else on here is, but I will tell you what I would do if I found myself in your shoes;
1,Ring hospital & see if you can still have Sunday's slot.
2,Come clean to hubby ... he has supported you this far so even if he is a bit disappointed in you .. well you can live with that.
3,Start milk diet or low calorie one whichever you are going for ... this will lose you the 7lb & more before Sunday.
4,Stop beating yourself up ... none of us is perfect.
Don't miss this opportunity to put yourself 4 months further up the list just for a few lb's & a guilty complex.
Go for it Lynne :):)
I had my pre assessment this morning & was asked if I wanted to go on the cancellation list & I jumped at the chance.
Good Luck with whatever you decide, lovely .. we will still be here whatever xxx :):):)

Oooops ... what a predicament :( I am not judging you, my love, as no one else on here is, but I will tell you what I would do if I found myself in your shoes;
2,Come clean to hubby ... he has supported you this far so even if he is a bit disappointed in you .. well you can live with that.
3,Start milk diet or low calorie one whichever you are going for ... this will lose you the 7lb & more before Sunday.
Don't miss this opportunity to put yourself 4 months further up the list just for a few lb's & a guilty complex.
I had my pre assessment this morning & was asked if I wanted to go on the cancellation list & I jumped at the chance.
Good Luck with whatever you decide, lovely .. we will still be here whatever xxx :):):)

^^^^DITTO^^^^ :):):) xx

There is a rather large risk with this advice. The pre op diet is designed to remove the toxins from your liver and thus shrink it to give the cutter more room to safely complete the procedure. The OP could go through a week of hell and wake up only to find that they couldn't operate. Add in the small weight gain from her last appointment and you have two reasons why they might send this girl home undone.

I'd come clean with the surgeon right now before you agree to take the Sunday slot, if he's happy to go ahead then go for it, if not then you've already made the riht decision xxx

Thanks so much guys. I know you all have my best interests at heart. After a day in front if Jeremy Kyle pondering my predicament I think I could be in a worse place. Karlos is right. I need to give myself the best chance of success and that means losing the weight (starting today) and doing the LRD properly. The secretary did say that if I had put on weight when I arrived fur the op that they wouldn't operate.

I'm a planner so need the time to psych myself up for it!

You lot are so lovely! I'm in a better place than I was this morning. Don't think I'm going to tell hubby tho :-( and we have no secrets so this will be hard. Ill tell him once the op is done. I'm sure he will understand.

Thanks again. Mmmmwah xxx

Thanks so much guys. I know you all have my best interests at heart. After a day in front if Jeremy Kyle pondering my predicament I think I could be in a worse place. Karlos is right. I need to give myself the best chance of success and that means losing the weight (starting today) and doing the LRD properly. The secretary did say that if I had put on weight when I arrived fur the op that they wouldn't operate.

I'm a planner so need the time to psych myself up for it!

You lot are so lovely! I'm in a better place than I was this morning. Don't think I'm going to tell hubby tho :-( and we have no secrets so this will be hard. Ill tell him once the op is done. I'm sure he will understand.

Thanks again. Mmmmwah xxx

Good for you hunny. So long as your head is in the right place, do what is good for you!
Where in Shields r u? Excuse me if I have asked before but there are a few of us haha xxx:D

Back