• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass WLS Group / Kent 21st June

Hiya all! :bunnydance:

I've been commenting on a few of your posts but haven't introduced myself!
After being rejected by the NHS I decided to pay for the bypass privately with the WLS Group.

I have chosen to have the surgery done in Kent, in the BMI Chelsfield Hospital by Mr Shamsi El-Hasani as I have heard he is a great surgeon (plus the fact he revises other surgeons bad work also helps!). My surgery is just under 4 weeks away.

My starting weight is 330lbs (23stone 12lbs) and I'm 5ft 5". I was told I'd get down to 11 stone (156lbs) but I REALLY doubt it! At my lowest weight I was 172lbs and could never get below that even when I exercised 2 hrs a day and stopped eating except for 10 grapes for lunch (yeah bad I know).

So I'm just wanting to say hi, and if someone could give me their experience with the WLS Group and/or Mr Shamsi El-Hasani and/or The BMI Chelsfield hospital if you've had the experience. That would help so much! :) Kinda a bit annoyed at the minute everytime I ring the WLS Group on the numbers they gave me for post ops...it goes straight to voicemail! So I'm a bit worried if aftercare will be like this?! :sigh:

Last edited:

suepat10

Welcome x x

honeykiss

Hi Hun,

I am also going Private with Mr El Hasani at Chelsfeild Park. However due to work commitments and a booked holiday I will not be having my surgery until the end of August.

If you are able you should try and come to the support group run at the hospital on a Friday evening, check out the hospital website for more information the next one is in about 2 weeks time.

Rose A, Deeby and loads of others have all had their operations with Mr El Hasani, you are in good hands.

Wendy x

deeby

Hiya :D
(and hi wendy )
I had my op with El Hasani and i can honestly say that although his bedside manner isnt the best hes a brill surgeon and you can see from my stats that ive lost over 8 stone and im feeling great #!!!
Ive had no probs at all and have really 'sailed' through mine :D
As Wendy says , thers a support group which we go to and it would be lob=vely to see you there :D
Good luck!! :D
xx

Jinjanut

RNY_Valentine said:
Hiya all! :bunnydance:

I've been commenting on a few of your posts but haven't introduced myself!
I'm Aida, I live in Buckinghamshire and after being rejected by the NHS I decided to pay for the bypass privately with the WLS Group.

I have chosen to have the surgery done in Kent, in the BMI Chelsfield Hospital by Mr Shamsi El-Hasani as I have heard he is a great surgeon (plus the fact he revises other surgeons bad work also helps!). My surgery is just under 4 weeks away.

My starting weight is 330lbs (23stone 12lbs) and I'm 5ft 5". I was told I'd get down to 11 stone (156lbs) but I REALLY doubt it! At my lowest weight I was 172lbs and could never get below that even when I exercised 2 hrs a day and stopped eating except for 10 grapes for lunch (yeah bad I know).

So I'm just wanting to say hi, and if someone could give me their experience with the WLS Group and/or Mr Shamsi El-Hasani and/or The BMI Chelsfield hospital if you've had the experience. That would help so much! :) Kinda a bit annoyed at the minute everytime I ring the WLS Group on the numbers they gave me for post ops...it goes straight to voicemail! So I'm a bit worried if aftercare will be like this?! :sigh:

Hi there. Mr El Hussani did my bypass. He was brilliant and the nursing team were great. Shelia and Ichen looked after me with great care. I had a complication but it was sorted out there too. Good luck with your journey x

Neen

WLS Moderator
Great to have you with us Aida xxx

DukeAmirOften

Best of luck to you x

21tasha

Hi Aida and welcome :) best of luck xx

Hi there. Mr El Hussani did my bypass. He was brilliant and the nursing team were great. Shelia and Ichen looked after me with great care. I had a complication but it was sorted out there too. Good luck with your journey x

Thanks for the info that's really helpful :) I haven't met Sheila yet but I've spoken to her over the phone. What complication did you have? I'm worried in case I have something big happen. x

Jinjanut

Hi Hun. I had a stricture - this is when some of the scar tissue narrows or closes the tube where the food goes down. There is a quick and simple procedure to rectify it. It's a common side effect but nothing to worry about. You will know if it happens as you will not be able to keep food or water down. But please don't worry. Your in great hands and everyone who had theirs done at the same time all went through it with no issues at all. The team is fab. Mr El Hussani is one of the best surgeons out there. I feel amazing. I have lost 4.5 stone since the end of Jan, dropped size from 24 to 14 and feel amazing. Good luck on your journey and please keep in touch xxx

Ali_B

I'm also booked in with El Hasani. Operation booked in 10th July. So good to here postitive results and safe from the surgeon.
Good Luck with your op

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Welcome to the site. I have only been a member for one day, already had huge support, found a local support group and made new friends on facebook.

Hi Hun. I had a stricture - this is when some of the scar tissue narrows or closes the tube where the food goes down. There is a quick and simple procedure to rectify it. It's a common side effect but nothing to worry about. You will know if it happens as you will not be able to keep food or water down. But please don't worry. Your in great hands and everyone who had theirs done at the same time all went through it with no issues at all. The team is fab. Mr El Hussani is one of the best surgeons out there. I feel amazing. I have lost 4.5 stone since the end of Jan, dropped size from 24 to 14 and feel amazing. Good luck on your journey and please keep in touch xxx

Heya Jinjanut, glad you commented. You probably don't remember me but you posted on this forum with your problem, and I was the one who commented and said you probably had a stricture!! LOL if you look back onto the posts you will see. Thanks for the helpful comments though, and I'm glad Shamsi saw you in the end :) Wowza 10 dress sizes? That's amazing.

Heya guys, if any one of you has Facebook or a Youtube channel, I have a specific facebook for my WLS friends, and I also have a YouTube channel where I upload lots of videos of my weight loss, so if you guys want to add me on there, then go on: facebook.com/rnyvalentine or youtube.com/user/rnyvalentine
Would be nice to meet some more Brits as most are American!

kerry2010

welcome hun, and good luck with your journey! xx