• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I got my date for my bypass!!! Happy days

:D Well i got the phone call that i hve been waiting for on Friday - my bypass date is 15th July!! Just over 3 weeks, i am absolutely over the moon. I have to firstly say that over the last few days i have been coming on this forum and reading peoples threads and i am gutted as to how many people are being refused funding. Is it just me or does it seem to be getting worse?!?!? I just wanted to say that they should never give up - just keep fighting and someone will help! I think what i am trying to say is i feel incredibly grateful and i didn't want to come on here and make it look like i am gloating because it is far from it, i am just very very grateful. I hope everyone who is trying will get the funding very soon xxx
Anyway, my phone call on Friday was from the Hospital telling me that the Bariatric nurse was going to contact me and that my date was the 15th July. Well as you can imagine i was over the moon. Well actually, truth be known, i burst into tears when i got off the phone. I know i am a wuss, well its a big thing isn't it! The lady at the hospital asked what time i would be home from work at, i said after 4.30 and she said the bariatric nurse will phone me at home then.
Well, i got home and sat next to the phone for an hour and a half (not wanting to miss the call lol) and finally it rang... omg it was the nurse!!!
She explained that the team had reveiwed my case and everone was happy for the surgery to go ahead. I should explain, my sleep apnea results are not back yet however the aneanestist (sorry i can never spell that work, or infact bloody say it either lol) is happy to go ahead and not wait for the results as he went through all the questions again and said i scored very low for sleep apnea and therefore it would be highly unlikely that i have it. Happy days!!! :D
Then the bariatric nurse shocked me, she said "how would you feel if we took your gall baldder out at the same time?" :eek:
I said i would love them to do it, well it just means one general and i am gonna have a sore tummy anyway! I have had many bad episodes with my gall stones, but funnily enough no bad episodes in the last 12 months. Ever since my weight has increased again. I always imagined it would be the other way around.
Then she told me that they pre-empted me saying yes and have already gone back to the PCT to ask for further funding (oh flippin eck! that made me nervous), however she did try and put my mind at rest and say it was just a formality. It may however change my surgery day, but it might not so i wasn't to worry. To be honest i wouldn't mind as i think to be able to get both done a once would be an absolute god send.
So i got off the phone and cried again! Yes i know "what a whally!
Its just such a big thing isn't it...... please don't get me wrong i have never once doubted my decision to have surgery, never once, its just such a big thing!
I am just sat here now, sunday morning, my children and hubby are fast asleep and i am typing away and reading peoples stories and i just feel so bloody lucky.
Anyway, hope you are all well and if you have managed to get to the end of my thread thanks for reading (i wish i could write as well as you people on here!!! :D)

lots of love from a very nervous sue :banana dancer:

Great news Sue :)

Aww dude!!! Im so so so happy for you! Thats fantastic news...scary and fantastic! I cant imagine you will ever regret your decision! You will be great and back to normal in no time! Im really so pleased for you...Im sat here smiling! hehe. Well done hun...Ill text me boss and tell her lol...she will be pleased for you too!

Woo hoo!!!!! Sally x

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I am glad they will remove your gallbladder too. I had mine out 4 years ago and it has made a huge difference.

im soooo pleased for you, i burst out crying when i got my date as well!!! you go girl!!!!

great news sue soooo pleased for you its such great news when you get that call my op is 1st july,when do you start pre op diet i started milk yesterday wishig you all the very best love debbie xxx:D:D:D

Congratulations!! I obviously understand why you were scared to say anything on the forum for fear of people thinking you were gloating but I love to hear of the successful stories too as it gives me that little bit more hope that the PCT will say yes!!! It can be disheartening to hear of all the people who have been turned down (and I wish all these people luck in getting those decisions overturned) but I think this forum is great as everyone is so supportive!!

Hi Sue, well done girl, Ive started my milk diet now , Ime actualy not doing to bad. I think its because I heard one of the stories on here that someone had cheated on it and they went to procede with the surgery, and knew that she hadnt adhered to the quite strict diet. Therefore her liver had not shrunk so when she woke up they had not done the operation. :eek: I would be absorlutly devastated who wouldnt. So I am most deffinatly sticking to it. L.O.L Anyway sue the best of luck chuck!!:gimi::gimi:

Last edited:
;):D hi gm, i know what you mean, i have to start my pre op diet on the 1st july. Its my birthday next weekend so that will be my last proper meal for a long time, but to be honest i am looking forward to getting started on the pre op. We have had a few meals with friends this week, but i havent put any weight on.. totally not like me at all!! Imagine waking up and it wasn't done, omg i would be gutted!!!
Any news from Lesley??
Did you read bonitas thread... :eek: scarey!
Hope you dont start growing udders ;) x

:thankyou: thanks everyone for your lovely replies, it seems its all happening at the moment on here!! Cant stop reading peoples threads ..... i have the biggest pile of ironing to do too!!
thanks again everyone xxxxx

Congrats sue, it's a great but scarey feeling innit:eek::D
Gail michelle, have you been told to start the milk diet early, as I haven't had any orders yet, and my ops the same day as yours?:confused::confused:

Hi Candie, the bariatric nurse told me to go on a 1,000 per day callories but after trying it I was relapsing, but ime so busy during the day its actualy easyer to grab a pint of milk cause I lovvvvvvvve it. But at night when I do get peckish I have been having a couple of ryvitas dry a broken up in my hubbies crisp packet that he has just munched so therefore I feel like Ime having the crunch with out the fat. Oh and not forgetting my jelly. G.M:eatdrink051:

Great news Candie you must be thrilled and scared all at the same time but at least now you know when it is and can psych yourself up for it knowing that by christmas you will be a totally different person how cool is that??
Jay xx

I'm going to Macclesfield Sue, with Lizziebee on same day:D:Dgot pre op on tues:D:D:D
Gail so are you doing the pre op diet for 3 weeks hun?yikes!!

Last edited:
Back