• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh my god im all of a dither

hopelesscase

Just had a phone call from the hopsital to say i have to get my but up there for a pre op assessment as i may be having my op next thursday.
the coordinator is just checking staff and theater ability and will phone me back later with a definate yeh ot nay.
I asked about the liver shrinking diet and she said just start from today she said mr amoirie had said that because My bmi was under 55 i would be fine.
Im doing the milk diet can someone please confirm what it consists of for me.
thanks
HC

Hey HC, that's great news! Much better than xmas eve! I had 2-3 pints of semi skimmed milk, and 2 small low fat yoghurts (such as weight watchers) daily. With that, sugar free squash/soft drinks/tea/coffee.

I've seen some people have up to 4 pints of milk but I would assume that would have to be skimmed.

Really excited for you, can't beleive it's finally happening!

Good idea Shel!

I start mine this Saturday. I'm doing a 7 day milk diet where I will have:

1 litre semi skimmed milk
2 litres other fluids (water, sugar free squash, decaf coffee/tea, herb teas)
2 low fat yoghurts

I am dreading it because I hate being hungry (hence the need for surgery!!) I think it will be good though because by the time I've had the op, I'll be already in the flow of a liquids only diet.

Will let you know how it goes! :)

Alice xx

i start my pre op diet sunday im going to be on 4pints of milk and a oxo drink each day with 2 pints of other sugar free fluids and a vitamin pill and can honestly say im dreading it!

a little edit im 2 days into pre op and all im doing is going to loo to wee every 5 mins lol im hungry grumpy and have a perminant headach other than its going great hehe!!

Hi there I went on the four pint of semi skimmed and two yoghurts a day diet, hard a first had a bit of a headache but it soon went, the biggest problem I had was having all the milk and I have to say I was lucky if I manage two pints. After day four/five I didnt feel hungry but there were times that I felt a bit light headed. I also was allowed unlimited sugar free drinks, such as black coffee, tea etc which I drank loads and used my milk allowance in them.

those are all from the pre-op diet thread ;)

my new bast friend is the loo. Ive not been away from it all day. lol
Just been swimming as the nurse said today the more activity i can do this week the more glycogen will also be removed fom my liver as my Muscles demand it for energy. Or something along thoes lines.

Wow, that is progress isn't it..

Well done on the swimming, it all helps.

Fingers crossed for you they confirm surgery for next thursday.

xx

just checked my answer phone and the coordinater has said that the 6th is going to be a goer athough she has a couple of things to iron out.

Im feeling like such a fat bloater at the moment i just want to get it done. I was meant to be having my christmas dinner on sunday but will be having milk instead. It suddenly feels very real i have been putting off sorting some paperwork out for weeks but have done it today. i was meant to be having my hair cur next friday but am having it done tomorrow instead. Sad i know but even went and had legs and bits waxed today and a manicure and pedicure.
I am just writing my shopping list for thing i need post op. so much to do and so little time.
All my friends are so supportive and one of them whos husband is a fantastic cook is making me some soups for when i can have them.
Oh im sooooo excited
HC
HC

Really glad to read you're excited. I think if surgery was sprung on me like that i'd be crapping myself, but excited also.
You friends husband sounds lovely, and that's very kind of him to make you some soups.

I liken this surgery to giving up smoking, you know within yourself whether you're ready or not, and when you're ready, you're really ready, and it sounds like you are.

I really wish you all the best, and will definitely be following your progress. xx

keep busy :D stay focused on your liver, and if temptation starts rearing it's ugly head, use your support network here!

Oh, HC, soooo happy for you! The surgery will go brilliantly! The time will fly but you won't be sorry! I wish you all the best, and I can say as I am 4 days post op, it is NOT as bad as you think it will be! I feel sooo much better than I thought I would by now.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great news HC.
Stay focused on the milk diet, its not so bad and time passess quickly. Soon be on the losing side and weight off forever.

Back