• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I got my date!!!

Tanyaxxx

Hi everyone, the lovely christine from St Richards rang me earlier with my date for my bypass.......14th January:bliss:I'm so excited, and nervous and scared! Just had to let as many people as I can know!

congrats to your date tanya, what a great start to 2010!

Hi everyone, the lovely christine from St Richards rang me earlier with my date for my bypass.......14th January:bliss:I'm so excited, and nervous and scared! Just had to let as many people as I can know![/QUOT

Tanya, that is absolutely wonderful news. Well done and all the best for 14th Jan.

Julie

Fantastic news. What a great start to the year for you. Have you been waiting long for a date? x

6 months from first G.P visit or 6 months on the surgery waiting list? Sorry, I'm obsessed....I have my first hospital appointment next week
Leanne x

haha leanne, it was 6 months from the first appointment with the consultant at the hospital. But everybody's wait is different.....i didn't have to see the dietician or phsyc so that sped things up a bit too.

Good luck at your appointment next week....it's all extreemly exciting isn't it!
xx

Yes Tanya, it is exciting. I can't think of anything alse at the moment and its driving me a little bit mad!! I just keep wondering what they will say next week and hoping they don't make me jump through hoops to get onto the waiting list!! My BMI is something like 58 and I've heard that at Birmingham where I'm going if its over 50 you don't usually have to go through the stuff where they make you prove yourself by loosing a certain percantage of weight first or exercise tests etc. But like you say, everyone is different!
Keep us informed on how you are doing?
When do you have to start your pre-op diet and which diet is it?
If I'm being too nosey feel free to tell me to sod off!!
Leanne x

haha leanne, it was 6 months from the first appointment with the consultant at the hospital. But everybody's wait is different.....i didn't have to see the dietician or phsyc so that sped things up a bit too.

Good luck at your appointment next week....it's all extreemly exciting isn't it!
xx

Hi Tanya - well done on getting your date! I'm in Eastbourne too! Perhaps we could meet up to discuss our surgery? Interesting you've got your date 6 months after seeing Mr Slater. I saw him back in April 2009 and I'm STILL waiting for a date. I had to see dietician and psychologist so perhaps that's why its taken so long. I have been told it will be done before end of March 2010 - only 20 months after initial referral by my GP back in July 2008!!!!
All the best
Julie

Congratulations Tanya!! on your surgery date. I wont forget your date thats my hubbys birthday LOL Gail xx
Hi everyone, the lovely christine from St Richards rang me earlier with my date for my bypass.......14th January:bliss:I'm so excited, and nervous and scared! Just had to let as many people as I can know!

Fantastic news hope Christmas goes with a bang and the New Year starts, with a New You.

Ann xx

CONGRATULATIONS

:) That's great news Tanya:)

Thank you everyone, so lovely to have all your support.

lol, leanne....ask away...I have my pre op on the 18th december...find out what diet i'm put on and how long. Good luck for next week and let us all know how you got on.

Julie, you have had quite a wait haven't you...but on the bright side....there's not much longer to wait :) Yes I'd be interested in meeting up. I also attend a support group that lots of people go to it's usually the 3rd wednesday of the month in the evening, but is changing to the second wednesday after xmas. I know you'd also be more than welcome to come and join us :)

xxx

Back