• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've got my date, advice needed please

Fizzypeach

I am so excited I have got my date for my bypass. On the 21st April I will start my new life at St Richards in Chichetser. I am so excited but rather anxious too. Can anyone tell me if once I am all healed and am able to eat a variety of textures whether I will be able to eat vinegary things and spicey things?

I now have to get me head around doing a ticker and trying to find a photo to put the site.....bit of a technophobe so not easy for me...:happy096:

Fizzypeach

Can't answer your questions as I am pre-op- but congratulations on getting your date!!

Well done on getting your date! I'm waiting for St Richards waiting list to open again to get refered! x

Hi, congrats on getting your date and yes you will be able to eat all of the above! I love spicy foods even more so since the op, the stronger the better!

Good luck,
Cuppa xx

Thanks Cuppa, I really enjoy a bit of something hot and spcey (food! lol) I have my pre op on the 8 April and am sure that time will fly now.............bit scarey now it is a reality.

Fizzy

Don't be scared, it may well be the best thing you have ever done! I know it was/is for me. :D

Cuppa xx

You will be able to eat most things, avoiding simple carbs, sugar & high fat items.

All I've craved since having my bypass is spice (any excuse to stick a bit of curry powder or chilli in anything!) & fingers crossed, so far I haven't had any problems with anything I've eaten so far.

I made all my own soups & purees etc and it's been great knowing exactly what I'm putting into my body.

I'm so pleased you've got your date. You've not got long to wait for the start of your new life.

Good luck x:553:

Thanks Gail that is so reassuring. I am not sure what to tell them at work yet, probably that I have just got to have some surgery and will be off a while. I will let my actual manager know the reason though.

Fizzy

How do

do those ticker things??

Hi

Great that you have your dates:553:. I'm hoping that my cooking skills will come into there own after the op. I enjoy cooking and I have told my lot that I will be cooking healthy meals that they can either enjoy or go hungry!!:)

Only in the last few years have I started to like things such as curry etc I still don't like it too hot but am hoping that my taste buds will change after the surgery. I also have lots of low fat cookbooks that I intend to investigate and cookfrom.

Take Care

Paula XX

Thanks Gail that is so reassuring. I am not sure what to tell them at work yet, probably that I have just got to have some surgery and will be off a while. I will let my actual manager know the reason though.

Fizzy

How do

do those ticker things??

I told eveyone at work, didn't want them thinking I'd gotten some sort of illness when I came in thinner!! But I understand what you mean, it's a personal thing. Just tell them your having an op on you gastro intestinal track (not really a lie, and could be anything!)

I think with the ticker, if you click on one, it gives you the option to set up a new one, and then you have to get a code to copy & paste into the signature area. If you go to the introduction area, theres a sticky with instructions.

Good luck x

I personally have told all my friends what I am doing and when....i made a Facebook group to let everyone know once i got my surgery date haha
I think for me i always believed my friends would be behind me...my reasoning for this is that my friends and I are part of, what we refer to as the "alternative community" (goth, metallers, punks, skaters etc)
I have always believed the Alt community is much more accepting of different things than "main stream" society anyways so I had no second thoughts about telling them all.
As such I now have a message wall FULL of praise for what I am doing, peope proud of me for taking control of my life like this, and many many best wishes and offers of support if i need it at any time.
It has also been good as some of my friends have been asking me questions to understand it better themselves.

As for work, i told my managers as soon as i saw my GP last year and they were really supportive and proud of me for taking this step. As for everyone else in my office, i told them once i got my date through, and they too have been fantastic and very supportive (apart from offering cakes around the office while i am drinking my milk lol :D)

I now know how lucky I am to have the friends i do :)

I think I will just go with 'digestive track' surgery as I don't want anyone to think I am taking the easy option or that it is cosmetic - you know how some people think when they are not well informed.

Fizzy

Good news on getting your date, good luck, Im sure it will go brilliantly and you can start your new life. x

congratulations on getting your date. I told my work what i was doing but i know alot of people on here have not, it is 100% personal choice, i think the phrases are all similar and include, abdominal surgery, which is true or gastric surgery. Good luck on your journey.

Back