• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I had a cathartic experience while tidying my wardrobe!

newcy

I'm 3 days into the milk diet and I have to say it's going really well so far. I have a slight headache but other than that I'm finding it really easy - I know what I can and can't have so it's pretty straight forward.

I decided to have a tidy of my wardrobe as my op is in 6 days so I need to hunt out all those smaller sizes that I put away for 'when I lose the weight' and that time has finally come. I'm leaving all the size 14 and under in the attic for now but the 16-18s are now on their own shelves so that I can find them easily when I drop another dress size post-op.

My daughter's school is collecting old clothes for charity so I decided I might as well bag up some of the clothes that still fit but are old or are only for winter as I won't be needing them again. I've only kept a handful to get me through these next few weeks. There were bags and bags of stuff to go and then I suddenly thought, what if I don't lose the weight? :eek:

I've been dieting for nearly 20 years and only ever got bigger but this is the last time I will ever be this big because I will lose the weight and I will keep it off this time. So all of those bags are in the garage waiting to go to my daughter's school and we're going to raise a fortune with my fat pants x

I'm so jealous - I can't wait to go shopping in 'normal' shops.

I don't really need to as I've bought soooo many things over the years that I'd fit into later but some of them are over 10 years old - especially the smaller stuff! So I'm going shopping whether I need to or not xxx

Just think newcy - this time next year, we could be a 12-14! OMG, I don't know about you, but for me it's been about 14 years. And I was definitely a 14, not a 12-14 too!!

I dragged some clothes out that were in a suitcase under my bed, and got really excited to see that I had kept my favourite things in the next few sizes down. There are things in there though, lurking at the bottom, that I don't think have seen the light of day for 14 years. Maybe with good reason!! :)

It's been 17 years since I was a size 14 and I was 17 the last time I was a size 12. OMG what I wouldn't give but for the first time in a VERY long time I actually believe that I can be that weight again.

I have sadly thrown out some clothes which I bought in the sale many, many years ago that I'm just too old to wear now. That depressed me slightly until I had the thought that I'm going to be hotter in my 30s than I ever was in my 20s x

I know what you mean. I was 9 and a half stone when I got married at age 23. I don't know whether I will get back to that, but I will have a damn good try:).
It won't be long before you get into those 16-18 things. I am 18-20 atm and have very few clothes. If I can manage it I want to avoid buying anything until I am on the right side of 16, as that seems to be the cutoff for most fashion shops. I think you will lost at least a stone between start of preop and the week following. You may even find the 16-18 are too big ;)

Way to go girls, I can't remember being any smaller than an 18 and i'm almost there, come down from a 32, some tops are 18 t shirts etc, but can be 20-22 depending on shop. Sooo exciting. I'm sure I must have helped out local charities with the shed loads I have cast out since last year, its brill feeling to be going down and helping others in the process. xx

I know what you mean. I was 9 and a half stone when I got married at age 23. I don't know whether I will get back to that, but I will have a damn good try:).
It won't be long before you get into those 16-18 things. I am 18-20 atm and have very few clothes. If I can manage it I want to avoid buying anything until I am on the right side of 16, as that seems to be the cutoff for most fashion shops. I think you will lost at least a stone between start of preop and the week following. You may even find the 16-18 are too big ;)

That's my plan too - I'm aiming for about 9 stone ish and a size 12 but I don't want to buy any clothes until I'm under 16 stone. Oh the joy of clothes being too big - I can't wait! X

Way to go girls, I can't remember being any smaller than an 18 and i'm almost there, come down from a 32, some tops are 18 t shirts etc, but can be 20-22 depending on shop. Sooo exciting. I'm sure I must have helped out local charities with the shed loads I have cast out since last year, its brill feeling to be going down and helping others in the process. xx

That's fantastic - you must feel completely transformed! There were a few things that I probably could have sold online but it feels better to give it to charity. I don't want to throw everything away yet but its kind of addictive lol x

Don't be discouraged by certain shops though. eg Zara and River Island. Both seem to make clothes at least two sizes below what one would consider normal. I am a size 12 in most things, and absolutely have to squeeze into a River Island dress size 16..can hardly breathe in it.

Don't be discouraged by certain shops though. eg Zara and River Island. Both seem to make clothes at least two sizes below what one would consider normal. I am a size 12 in most things, and absolutely have to squeeze into a River Island dress size 16..can hardly breathe in it.

River Island are vile for kids clothes too. My 9 year old has to have clothes for a 12 year old from there. He is in 9 year olds everywhere else (and some I have to take in). It's no wonder some children are starting developing body image issues very early on.

I've never been under a 16 (trousers) and 14 (tops) and the equivalents for children. I'm determined to make it down to 12-14 for trousers and 10-12 for tops/dresses :)

I was a 20-22 when I started pre-op and now my size 20 jeans are too big. I'm going shopping for a new pair on the weekend simply because I need to have something to wear to work... I'm not buying anything over £10 LOL!

I have a pair of size 16 jeans from Canada that fit perfectly, oddly enough, but I'm quickly running out of trousers. Tops last longer, especially as I always wore them a bit tighter anyway.

Can't wait to be at target and start wearing the clothes I always really wanted to :)

Oh! I threw out a pair of trousers and some shirts that were definitely too big yesterday! I was so nervous! Not only am I a hoarder but I also had that moment of "but what if I gain the weight back?" but then I tossed it. I'm determined that after spending most of my savings on this op, I'm not gaining again.

Back