• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a date

katherineo1

Self Esteem
Hello I am new.. well newish i registered 2 weeks ago but couldnt post, its been so frustrating.I wanted to chat to people who have had a gastric band. I am not very computer literate so I hope I am doing ok.I have my date for my band 5th May with Dr C Harris at Abbey hospital Sefton. Has anyone had their band done there or had surgery with this doctor? I am slightly nervous but its taken me 3 years of deliberating so here gos! Just sick of all my friends/family telling me horror storys to try to put me off.

Hi Kathrine welcome to mini's and they friends family are only worried its natural, they do not understand what has taken you along this route, however when they see the weight start to drop off they will be encouraging instead.

I am a bypasser not a bander but ask your questions as somene will be along shortly to answer them

Hi katherine welcome to minis im a bypasser so cant offer you advice about the band but as for friends and family im sure its because they are worried but it doesnt help you. Lots of people on here have had positive experiances and even the few that have a revision of one form or another speak very positivly about their band experiance. good luck with your surgery and keep in touch.
hc

Hi Katherine. Welcome to Mini's.

Im sorry your friends/family are not supportive. I usually find its through ignorance really. They are worried for you as they dont understand.

You will find all the support you need here on Minimins though. We're like one big family, so get stuck in, get to know everyone and if you have any questions ask away. xx

Hi Katherine, welcome to Mini's :)

I don't recall anyone mentioning the Abbey on here so far, but I could be wrong!

I do have details of a surgical weight loss support group that meets in Liverpool once a month though, so if you would like those just shout :)

Shel

Good news on ur op date! x

I'm having a bypass too but have found this site really helpful and friendly. I feel able to ask any question and not be judged. I must admit to not telling anyone about my surgery except my husband and daughter. I think I'm worried about the possible negative feedback. But in the end we are doing this for us and I think a lot of us spend time doing for others and there comes a time when we need to think about ourselves. All the best for your op.

Welcome to our little family. Please jump in start posting, you are doing just fine. We have lots of successful banders on here that will have answers to most anything you can ask.

Best of luck & congrats on getting your op date.

Nic;)

Hi welcome. I am fairly new as well. I have my op booked for 30th April. I am having my op in the parkway Solihull (west midlands).

Everyone on here is very nice and helpful. We are all in the same boat.

Hi Katherine congrats on your surgery date I'm new on here too but have found everyone really friendly and helpful look forward to hearing how it goes for you take care X

welcome to minis and looking forward to sharing your journey xx

Hi im new to. Im currently looking into the gastric band surgery. good luck with yours. This seems a great site to get some advice! do you mind telling me how much your costs please?? julie x

Back