• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a pick your brains question about the gastric band

yorkshirelass74

Yes i know i have had the bypass already, but my sister is thinking about having the band. She is thinking about going private, but i have told her that you only get so long with the aftercare, and so long to have the adjustments (say 1 year for sake of arguements) so after the year is up, if she needed any adjustments then she would have to pay each time, she wants to know if the NHS would do the adjustments once the free adjustment period is over, i am pretty positive that they wouldnt, but i thought i would just double check on here see if anyone knows.
Thanks guys
xxx

There have been one or two members that have managed to get NHS adjustment and aftercare after going private, but they are few and far between and have had to fight for it!

Some providers offer a years aftercare but others offer upto 3. Its very wise to shop around and find a) a good surgeon and b) a good after care package. Things to consider are that hopefully within 2 years she will have lost most of the weight, so any adjustments after this time will be few and far between.

I have had my band since April 09 and have had 5 adjustments all done as part of my package but in conjunction with a visit to the bariatric nurse to check my weight, body fat etc.

Hope this helps x

Interesting post!

its rare the nhs will take on a private patients after care unless theres complications x

Back