• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have my 1st Weight Management meeting today!

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
Well i must say that 6 n a half weeks has come round quicker than i imagined!

I actually have the whole day off, of which i was meant to attend an interview this morning but sods law....my trains have been cancelled!! Interview rebooked for tomorrow now :/

So, the WM meeting....i have lots of questions in my head that i will try and get answers for today. I'm presuming they will measure me and weigh me and talk about why i am fat etc...

is there anything else they will do?

im not even nervous...but know full well i will cry.....its my norm haha, once ive got the initial tears out of the way im then a sane, confident woman haha

wish me luck!

((oh and i weighed myself today and i think my scales are broken....19lbs lost in 4 weeks?????))

good luck for today xx sorry i cant be of more help i dont know what happens at these mettings but wish u all the best xx

thanks tracy...im sure others wont know either, spesh newbies so ill try and write a detailed report when im back home lol

lunapic_133277690846792_105.gif
Im sure your be fine hun....x

Oh and
Congratulations.gif
on losing 19lbs :)

At my first weight management meeting, I was weighed and measured and bmi calculated. It was a group meeting, and to be honest a bit boring, probably everything you know already. What you should be eating what to avoid all the stuff you know if you are anything like me. Sometimes I felt like I could teach the dietician a thing or too.
I sat there knowing it was one of the hoops you had to jump through. To be honest the following meetings did get better.

Good luck!

eurgh my worst fear is that it is like an AA group meeting!!!

good luck

I didnt want to give you a downer, but mine was a group meeting...and exactly as the other person said on here....Most of the things I knew, and I could have run the class/meeting better...

BUT every place is different, you could be seen alone, or in a small group, and you could learn something....Plus its all good for your GP report in the future, to show you have attended and tried. x

Hi, well im home....

i was seen alone:cool:..started well lol

I was weighed and my height taken and my BP taken....:jelous:

I was a stone heavier than i weighed this morning???? erm how!:sigh: i am officially 141.1KG

The nurse was nice, we only sat for 5 mins then i waited to see the doctor, Dr Teh.

He asked how long had i been overweight for, what did i eat, did i binge, did i comfort eat,do i eat breakfast,

The he asked about my sleeping pattern, ie asking all the questions relative to Sleep Apnea, i have researched this and know the symptoms and the only one was i snore lol and i told him this, he asked if i wanted to be tested for it, he seemed quite persistent and i know that this may be my only co-morbidity if i did have it so i have accepted that i will be tested for it..he also said i would probably have to stay over somewhere to have the test too! (i thought this was done at home??)

He asked me if i would like to go on the Slim programme, their version of weight watchers i suppose, its a 6 month course, 1 meeting a month, i have also agreed to this, my first one is on the 15th May (i got to choose my start date! that surprised me lol) i have now renamed this 'fat club':cool:

Im absolutely gutted about the weigh in though...22.2 or 141kg..my height at 176 means my BMI is at 45.6 which is where it was the last time i went to the doctors, in fact 0.2 above...

yet on my scales at home i have honestly lost 19bs!!! :(

I will see Dr Teh again in approx 5 months, in that time he wants me to have lost 5-10%. ie 15-30lbs, He also advised that he wanted me to do some exercise, i dont sit down for 12 hrs of the day!:mad: BUT i will attend a couple of fitness classes at the weekend, he said it would be better than nothing....

I'd love for this to work and for me to not have to consider WLS but i will heed judgement until i have attended the 6 classes.

Over and out guys thankyou for being here to support me xxx:cool:

hmmm Sounds like he was doing his job, offering you what he had etc....But if we all thought it was easy to just diet and do excersize, none of us would be in this place, So I hope he hasnt disheartend you.

Your going 'Fat club' :) - I went to it too...Much more relaxed than a WW or SW meeting.

I doubt this doctor mentioned WLS, or your effort to try to get it? or did he?

Shame about your scales...I've just bought some new LCD screen ones off the net with sensors to make sure its level...as my old ones kept giving me different readings if I weighed myself in the bathroom or kitchen lol....

well at least something is happening now for you, sleep apnoea was my only health problem which wasn't diagnosed til the doc said to have the test done mine was done at home over night both times got rid of it after losing just over 4 stone. xx so not to worry if you have cos u might get rid of it xx

i weigh myself in the bathroom, never done it anywhere else :/

No he didnt mention WLS but i did! i said, and showed him, that i can lose a couple of stone and put it back on again and that i have monitored it for the past 3 years, it was all there on paper for him to see,

He said the obvious, we need to do the 6 months WM first, then take it from there, see if i still want to be put forward then may have to argue for funding as everything changes etc...

i knew to expect that so it wasnt a shock, it was the weight that has pissed me off!

Well as I said, its all good to go on your record of weight lost/dieting.

I'm sticking to one set of scales....as otherwise you can get wrong readings if your being weighed everywhere....

Perhaps, if your going Fat club from now on, wait and see your weight there....x

im a serial weigher haha.....i could not go a month without weighing myself :O

well at least something is happening now for you, sleep apnoea was my only health problem which wasn't diagnosed til the doc said to have the test done mine was done at home over night both times got rid of it after losing just over 4 stone. xx so not to worry if you have cos u might get rid of it xx

chrisa im sorry i didnt see your post!

thankyou for this info, others i have seen have had their tests at home too!

i snore yes but have no other symptoms so id be interested to see if i have it or not....

i suppose its good that he is covering all basis early :D

LOL ok...Well perhaps check your scales...the floor -make sure its not slightly off balance. x

Back