• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tv programme obese a year to save my life

drylaw

watched this programme on monday with great interest as i had applied for this away back in august 2010 when i was at a stage of looking for anyway out of my prediciment (and still am i guess )i sat watching it wishing it had been me that was on it and a small part thinking omg could i have done that 13mile run at the end but i will never know if i would have been able to complete i know what they went through to get there a letter asking why you should be concidered 2 interviews on the telephone a face to face meeting with the programme makers and a final interview where you were filmed then a phonecall to say wether or not you were going to london for a health check dunno who was more upset during that call me or the girl who had done my filmed interview so was kinda weird knowing i could have been on that screen on monday
the difference between this programme and the biggest loser is they offered support for the year where on biggest losser they only seem to get for the initial 8 weeks then again in the follow up which is around 12 weeks later looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes over the next 8 weeks or so think they do a final programme at the end where they are all together

Hi Pauline,

v interested to read about this. Can you let me know which Channel it is on?

Altho i won't be able to view it yet (I need to get myself digital TV asap !!!) i will be interested to catch up or look online for info about it.

Many thanks,
Sharon
x

One programme I watched a few years ago still resonates with me. I can't remember its name but it charted the successes and failures of a group of morbidly obese young people who were sent on a walk from Lands End to John O'Groats, over 200 miles, over 8 weeks.

These thoroughly unfit youngsters were really put through the mill with this walk, (about 6 miles a day) but what I found particularly interesting was that for the first 3 weeks or so they ate whatever they wanted, takeaways the lot. After that time, they were weighed, and they'd lost hardly anything! So in the second half of the walk they were put on a low calorie diet. Despite this , and walking for miles every day (sometimes over quite rough country) the most any one of them lost was 3 and a half stone over the 8 weeks.

Which makes me ask again, how is the weight loss on the biggest loser possible?

Which makes me ask again, how is the weight loss on the biggest loser possible?

Because walking (even fast marching over rough terrain) burns less calories than high intensity cardio burn out work outs.

Those workouts that Richard Callender (and the late Angie Dowds) designed are intended to burn between 600 and 1000 calories an hour ..... they are maximum high intensity (which is why any peeps with slightly dodgy heart conditions etc are turned away).

Even if the Biggest Loser contestants eat 1,500 cals a day, they will be in constant negative equity calorie balance, burning between 2000 and 3000 calories a day in exercise (depending on their body type and amount of muscle mass they have).

I went on a 3 day fat camp training thing run by Angie Dowds and Jodie Prenger back in 2007 and lost 12 lbs in 3 days. (Yes, sadly, I never kept it off, but hey ho .... so much for totally mad intensity training .... and surviving on what I thought was only 500 cals a day!)

was on sky 1 on monday at 9 pm its on for 10 weeks

I've just watched it...didn't she do marvellously at the half marathon :eek: I wanted to cry when her Dad was cuddling her :cry:

i watched this on catchup tv today n enjoyed she done really well, will have to remember about it nxt wk x

Back