• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I keep thinking Im going to...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...wake up and discover that this past seven months has been a dream!!!
I am absolutely not finished with my weight loss, at the least I have two more stones to lose, possibly three stones, so Im not done yet, but my life has changed wonderfully since the op and I am loving my new health and fitness and the life that my surgery and weight loss is affording me, so I keep feeling as though I am dreaming and that any minute I am going to wake up and be back to the old uncomfy, unhappy and unhealthy fat me.
I said to hubby yesterday "am I going to wake up soon?" and he looked at me strangely and I laughed and said "from this dream, surely I have to wake up soon and be fat again" and he smiled at me and reassured me that in fact, this is my life now, its not a dream and I really am slimmer and Im just not going to wake up.
Its a really strange feeling, I havent forgotten one bit of my journey so far, but it feels as though I blinked and got to where I am now and I have trouble believing that its all real, so surely I MUST be dreaming.
I just thought I would share that :)
Steph xx

This must be a 'love your bypass' day as I have just written something very similar in my diary!

Good innit this weightloss malarky?! :D

Cuppa xx

How blissful you sound!

...wake up and discover that this past seven months has been a dream!!!
I am absolutely not finished with my weight loss, at the least I have two more stones to lose, possibly three stones, so Im not done yet, but my life has changed wonderfully since the op and I am loving my new health and fitness and the life that my surgery and weight loss is affording me, so I keep feeling as though I am dreaming and that any minute I am going to wake up and be back to the old uncomfy, unhappy and unhealthy fat me.
I said to hubby yesterday "am I going to wake up soon?" and he looked at me strangely and I laughed and said "from this dream, surely I have to wake up soon and be fat again" and he smiled at me and reassured me that in fact, this is my life now, its not a dream and I really am slimmer and Im just not going to wake up.
Its a really strange feeling, I havent forgotten one bit of my journey so far, but it feels as though I blinked and got to where I am now and I have trouble believing that its all real, so surely I MUST be dreaming.
I just thought I would share that :)
Steph xx

Nice post. Rob

What a wonderful, positive post.

I know exactly what you mean Steph, I sometimes think the same way. I actually used to dream I was slim & was devastated when I woke up to find I was still huge.

But this time it's for real. Every morning I wake up to find I'm getting slimmer by the day.

It's the best feeling isn't it!!

xxx

Me too in my diary today was singing the praises of WLS.

I hope it isnt a dream cause I dont want to wake up either.:):)

YaY Steph - it's not a dream - but I know how you feel :D

To lay in bed after waking, thinking of which ways I will wear my new size 18 and 16 clothes - which bits together blah, blah is bliss!!

Colour co-ordinating - making sure any new thing I buy will match/tone in with everything - is a whole new skill building exercise :D

I'm sure there will be down times, but not for long.........

I used to have those dreams that I was slim and the awful feeling that I used to get when I woke up is hard to get over and so I cant believe that I am awake and I am actually getting slimmer, Im not sure that I will ever truly believe its real but hell, Im going to enjoy this dream! :)
Steph xx

Back