• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know I shouldn't but feel like a cheat.

Mixman

So I've been told to have energy bars now because of the exercise I do. I won't be able to carry on the cycling if I don't get the nutrition in. Simple really. To burn the fat you need energy, to have energy you need the cals/carbs, to have the cals/carbs you generally need sugary things.

So here is where I feel guilty and I guess why I'm putting it in the 6 month section, so as not to unduly encourage any 'bad habits'.

The energy bars I am having have (SHOCK HORROR) chocolate chips! Yes, I have ordered some others too but here's now where I can't say any more that I haven't had any chocolate/biscuits etc. Because these are like biscuits and have chocolate. I know I know, I'm being silly. But it's been a big thing for me. I'm sure I'll get over it.

They are 50g bars. All figures per 100g

kcal 389
Protein 14.7
Carbs 66.1
of which sugars 30.8 (There goes my 15g per100 limit :8855:)
Fat 7.3
0f which saturates 2.9

Then a whole host of good things. Vitamins etc.

But then I'm not 'dumping'. But I'm telling myself that it's because I am working off the sugar as soon as it's in there, that's why I can have such high levels.

Fat Again

Mix mate
You gotta do what you gotta do, it's not cheating, you need your energy.

Your not sitting on your bum storing the cals are you, and your definately not stuffing your face with loads of energy bars, so just chill.

Your an expert at this game, listen to your own advice x

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
I think your worrying too much Mixxy probably cos you've been so so good the past months. I remember silversurfer having to bulk up because of the amount of excercise he was doing. Hope you feel happy with the decision you make xxx

Sambucca

Mixxy, I agree with Lisa... you really shouldnt worry. This is what the experts have advised you to do, but as you have followed the rules so rigidly I guess you are just feeling a bit out of your comfort zone.

I didnt realise that sleevers could dump, so Ive learned something new! Am glad the bars are not making you dump though.

Enjoy them, and hope they give you the energy/cals/carbs needed so you can continue to workout effectively.

Mixman

I got to admit, I do feel stronger on the 2nd half than I have done before. I started having a protein shake 30 minutes before I go out to ride, an energy bar half way round the ride and a protein shake after the ride. I also have Lucozade Bodyfuel in my hydration pack that I drink every 15 minutes.

I know it's just me being silly and I have to do what's necessary. I guess I couldn't stay a goody-2-shoes forever :)