• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know little pickers wear bigger knickers but...

phatmomma

At the moment as i'm not eating huge amounts sometimes i can eat 4 or 5 times a day! When i say eat i mean between lunch and dinner i may go find a cracker with some cottage cheese or munch on some fish sticks, a banana or even just eat ham out of the packet...

I know some people eat small and often and just wondering what's the best things to snack on? I am trying to get cheese into my day to add to my protein and i have a milky coffee every day but what else can i use for snacks that are high in protein?

Thanks for all your responses, i have faith in my wls supportive community family xx

I have begun to love edamame bean from M&S. They are very tasty and loaded with protein.

Mini Babybel lights.

Roasted edamame beans (yummy!!)

Hummous on oat ryvita.

Quorn (there are so many varieties, just have a look at what you fancy)

Cottage cheese.

All good stuff xx

Eggs don't like me at the minute... These edemane beans? Do you eat them straight from the packet? I'm trying to not eat cheese too often because of the high fat content...

Am loving hummus (i buy the low fat one) and someone said pate was good for protein so enjoyed that also, will get some nuts in and hope my monkey of a hubby don't eat them :) Thank you ladies xx

You can get Baby Bel light.
Dairylea light or laughing cow

You could try egg mayonaisse, low fat of course.

I found that I did eat lots of small meals and snacks but as you get further down the line you can eat slightly bigger meals so need less snacks.

I actually think snacking is very good for you as long as you only snack on low fat, low sugar stuff. I found I lost more weight when I ate more, but of the good stuff.

You seem to be doing the right thing anyway. :)

I eat fish chicken and drink milk for my protien
I have been trying to get these beans for some time now and cannot find them in M&S what section do they put them in
Bryan

Bryan, I buy Ready shelled edamame beans from Waitrose (chilled veg department). I also buy edamame and pea salad from Tesco. They also do edamame stir-fry in Tesco and Sainsburys.

If you are looking for the dry roasted kind (which are yum) You can just look for soy beans - they are the same thing. They do them in Tesco under their own brand name and also under Humdinger brand. Other than that, you can get the roasted ones from most health food shops - try Food Doctor brand x

I do pretty much the same and grab a slice of meat or a square of half fat cheese for the protein boost. Just had the munchies myself, so had 1oz cornflakes and skimmed milk. I'm having to be a bit careful at the moment as i'm eating way too much cheese, i'm craving it all the time !

I break up 2 x sesame seed ryvitas and put em in hubby empty crisp packet so I feel like ime having the cripies & the crunch same as him. Crazy I know but honestly It works for the cravings. G.M x
Great idea! I just have to persuade hubby to eat crisps (he's a naturally healthy eater, drat him!) xx

Gail-Michelle? Why not just buy Ryvita minis? They are delicious although i haven't eaten them post op!

I'm really craving chocolate this last day or so but i know that is due to totm being due... Am resisting, i'm hoping i'm a dumper but no way in this world i'm testing it!

Thanks for all the tips xx

If you have a craving for crisps have you tried the salt & vinegar or cheese flavour snack-a-jacks? They taste just like quavers, yummy! Rice cakes are good spread with low-fat philly, cottage cheese, humous or pate and those little Melba toasts, they are delicious & perfect size for us.

Everyone's mentioned lots of yummy, high protein snacks, I still need to get some of those edamame beans. I popped in the local Coop last night and noticed their tubs of prawn cocktail and egg mayo were low enough in sugar and sat fat for us to eat and at a £1 a tub were good value to have in the fridge to snack on.

Oh, almost forgot, I eat snacks between each of my meals too so I'm eating every 3-4 hours. Just need to remember to drink enough fluids in between now lol

I'm really craving chocolate this last day or so but i know that is due to totm being due... Am resisting, i'm hoping i'm a dumper but no way in this world i'm testing it!

If you're craving chocolate why not try one of those Atkins chocolate supreme bars? They're 1g sugar & 16g protein. They taste really good too, I usually have one in my handbag for when I'm out & about and need something to eat... or to fulfill a sweet craving ;)

Oooh where can i get a Atkins bar from? Would Boots stock them? Mind i'll think hard and long, i really don't want to go down the choc route... Maybe i'll make some vff fromage frais and a choc option powder and mix them together, used to love this with fruit to dip in!

Oooh where can i get a Atkins bar from? Would Boots stock them? Mind i'll think hard and long, i really don't want to go down the choc route... Maybe i'll make some vff fromage frais and a choc option powder and mix them together, used to love this with fruit to dip in!

Yep Boots, Superdrug or any of the supermarkets. Seems they're all selling them these days. Same shelf as Slimfast stuff :)

If you don't want to be tempted by the chocolate ones they do flapjack type ones too, just like the ones Phatgirl makes.

Thanks i will try them

Thats my problem I like ryvita minis too much lol, so I dont buy them in tbh. Snack a jacks are yummy also. But I do this thing with ryvitas cause I always have them in plus they dont cost to much also. Hey! look at me being a skin flint :eek:. He He
Gail-Michelle? Why not just buy Ryvita minis? They are delicious although i haven't eaten them post op!

Thanks for all the tips xx

Gail-Michelle i'm loving your new avatar picture! What handsome little fellas, and the old geezer aint too bad either ;) xxx

Back