• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tiredness and light nausea post eating

PokeyKoala

So over the last week, I have come up a against some strange symptoms.

After I eat - around 15-30 mins I come over tired and get a slight nausea. It passes after around 10-15mins and I feel fine again. It does not give me described dumping syndrome symptoms but just makes me feel like I could do with a nap and maybe a slight headache..

It doesn't happen after any particular type of food, so I can't say it's sweet things or carby things because I am only having those in small quantities so as to keep my protein intake high. It also does not happen after every meal and only just over the last week. It's a bit odd.

I am tempted to think - I am 5 weeks out and this is probably all part of the healing process and it will probably go away, but just wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar. :confused:

I wonder if you've started eating faster hon.

Could be Yve. Will make a conscious effort to slow things down and see if that makes a difference!

3 yrs post op and I still get strange experiences. Not everyday but at least once a week. Everyday is a learning curfew, even now I can tolerate something one day then struggle with it the next.
Bit as yve said slow down and make sure your not having too much or drinking with your meal.
Good luck

Portion sizes are fine, I don't drink with meals, so I'm either not concentrating on speed or it's just one of those things that I am going to have to experiment with.
Been fine so far today, but will keep an eye on it and report back ! ;)

Portion sizes are fine, I don't drink with meals, so I'm either not concentrating on speed or it's just one of those things that I am going to have to experiment with. Been fine so far today, but will keep an eye on it and report back ! ;)
take care

Booo - Cramps last night. Buscopan and hot water bottle and lots of boiled water seemed to sort it out. However, my stalled weight changed this weekend and lost 3 lbs so something funny going on down there.

Hopefully it was all to do with time of the month and things settling down.

This is a whole new adventure in learning how your body works in a different way than it used to.

Interesting ! :eek:

I've just been to see my dietician who did this funky electrode test on me that gave a reading of all of my vitamins and minerals. She felt that I had some bugs swimming around my system and asked if I was feeling nauseated at all because Salmonella had shown up !!

I've come away from the session with instructions to up my Iron, Vit D and omega oils. She also said my B12 was ok, but the bugs would be fighting it out in my system, so to up that for a couple of weeks along with some pro-biotics.
I've been recommended some Colloid Silver to take which should get rid of the bugs and she thinks all will be well in about a week!

You forget that you system does not work in the way it used to and nasties which your old tum and digestive system would bat away, can now get hold.

Although she did reiterate the advice of eating slower and making sure I get all my liquids! :D

Back