• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Need A Make Over...

Mrs Quiggle

I'd really love to have someone show me what looks good on me now. Like many us I expect although I love clothes I just don't know what looks good or what suits me now. I've gone from 18st down to 13.7 and I tried on loads of stuff (mainly the sort of stuff I'd have settled for at 18st) the other day. Wish I had a girl friend to come shopping with me and help me out. I'd love a make up overhaul and lesson too. Maybe I should go to Boots or Debenhams and see if I can get one. Do they expect you to buy all the make up they've used afterwards. I'd love to take my own make up bag and get them to use whats useful in there. Where do you all buy your make up from.

Maybe I'll have a body shop party, they give advice on make up don't they.

Kate x

what about an avon party the avon rep can advise and to be honest it's not too expensive :) i'd love to be able to help you with the clothes but live so far away is there someone who would go to your group meetings that wants the same thing x

Angie I use lots of Avon too as one of the girls at work sells it but she doesn't wear much make up herself.

I didn't know they did parties.

Think I'll look at the body shop site and have a look.

Kate x

Go shopping, and take your camera. Try all sorts of different stuff on and take pictures. Then post them on here or show a mate and they can advise you on what looks fab on you :)

It's tough when you first lose the weight. I brought my first (partially) black item of clothing the other week, surprising as i used to own an entirely (almost) black wardrobe pre op!

Go for it xx

oh i wish i lived near you! this is so my kind of hobbie,i know when ive lost my weight im gonna first treat myself to a complete new haircut :) xx

go online and see if you can get a half price voucher for a make-up session :) xxx

IF NOT you could treat yourself to a pamper session and ask professional for tips etc like wedding make up session at your local beauty salon!

xxx

our local college does cheap make overs and massages haircuts etc so the students can practice :) i think probably yours will too x

All the department stores do it.. Just go to one of the make up counters and have a chat to the consultant and tell them exactly what you have said here. Some might have a basic small charge. Sometimes if I was going somewhere smart I would go and have my make up done,,, try a few different make up houses and see which make up style you are most comfortable with. Good luck !!

Also a good hairdresser will also be able to advise on a total look

Back