• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimming groups

phatmomma

Okay i don't remember this question been asked before and i never thought i'd ask the question myself after surgery but.........

Have any of you post oppers thought about going back to w/w or s/w?

My losses are slow and part of me says maybe give w/w a go? I don't make bad choices, i substitute bad things for healthier options... Part of me inside is saying, go to w/w and see if being 'point' controlled makes a difference to my losses....

What do you think? We're getting to the special offer time of year i think...

Sorry forgot to say, i had my surgery so as to never go to a slimming club again. However if it helps me get there a little bit quicker or gives me a 'mental' boost then is it a bad thing?

Hi Julie,

I have thought of going back to sw ( ww never did anything for me) but when I sat back and thought about it, I thought why !!!! I just had wls and if I was able too stick to sw or ww I wouldnt have needed wls in the first place..... It all depends on the reason u r wanting to go I guess. (i.e. if its too get u back on track like) HTH - Me Julie xx

Julie, i guess i just don't get the poor results i'm getting. I'm good and i don't overdo carbs. I guess i really need some input from my dietician - i never expected it to be so slow.......and i don't want to lose any 'windows of opportunity' that i may be in right now....

I understand why you are thinking about it Julie but I dont think I would go back to a slimming club myself. I would much rather get in touch with my dietician and have a good chat with them and see what they can suggest. Im with you on the idea that we wouldnt have to go to slimming clubs ever again after surgery and especially so soon. From what Ive been told the Golden time for weightloss after a bypass is the rist 12-18 months so you have plenty of time yet :D You already look so much slimmer and Im sure you will continue to loose even if its not as fast as you would like....lets be honest, I want to loose half a stone a week lol and Im sure we are all the same! XX

Dotty? In all honesty i'd like to lose 2lb a week, that would make me happy :) I don't know, sometimes i look at myself and think hey way to go, but then you buy something from a different shop that should be millimetres away from fitting and it's inches n inches... I guess it don't help that shops use different sizes grrrr

Sorry forgot to say, i had my surgery so as to never go to a slimming club again. However if it helps me get there a little bit quicker or gives me a 'mental' boost then is it a bad thing?

I didnt see this bit, by bad for replying too quick too a post lmao:flirt2: ..........Every little does help Julie, It cant be a bad thing. But maybe dotty is right a chat with the dietician may help.......Kind regards - MeJulie xx

I know Julie, the sizes are completely different everywhere you buy them! Im currently wearing clothes in sizes from 30/32 to a size 24.....although the 24 is a skirt with elastic waist but thats a massive spread of sizes! :eek: I wish I could give you the 2lb a week you desire for Crimbo hun! XX

I'm a very slow loser as well all I want is half a stone a month, apart from not being able to afford it I'd never go back to a slimming club I need to learn how to eat fro myself and my bypass not their way of eating if that makes sense?

I still do an Atkins stylee way of eating like I did before my op, its what I'm comfortable with & is producing great losses for me at the moment. I like having the guidelines to work within & for me the bypass was an added help to help me maintain once I get to goal. Funnily enough the weeks that I've had when I've taken my eye off the ball slightly my weightloss has been more than halved than on the weeks I really keep it in check.

Thats what works for me but as we know 'one size does not fit all' & I completely get the bit about wls & not having to use slimming clubs again but I guess sometimes we need that bit more. xxx

Hi I havnt had surgery yet but I am attending a class called changes which is just calorie control n we hav a few members who hav had wls and I will continue 2 go afta mine in the new yr xx

I have heard that WW have revamped their diet and I work with a bunch of dieticians and they are quite impressed with it, Obviously you will have to be careful of your portion sizes but i think it may not be a bad thing to help you get focused, I think many people think that once we have had the operation its just a miracle cure, yes our bodies do help us to an extent but if we do not deal with the head stuff and moderate what we eat, we can get ourselves into trouble later on by putting weight back on...... So go for it girl, give it a go and I hope it works for you. Let us know how you get on honey!

I always got on better with Slimming World,low carb diets work very well for me,it was keeping it off long term that I had trouble with.If you think it would concentrate your mind it may give you the bump start you need.Nothing lost,except a few quid and maybe some pounds!Maz x

Well amazingly my providers dietician called me to sort out an appointment so i'll see what she says and if there are any hints/tips.

Back