• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need advise

missdmac

Year in and 8 stone lighter and happy but having a food a drink problem every thing I'm eaten and drinking a struggle is this normal? Had band fill Month ago it was to tight had some taken out and all was well. Not been will this week could it be that? Hope so one can help xxx

if you have been ill you will self tighten its very normal, iv had my band totally defiled due to slippage and I still regurgate and vomit everything basck when iv been ill

it is quite possible being Ill has tightened it, and also it could mean that if you're struggling to eat and drink that you need to have some more taken out to let it settle. I've just had a nightmare four weeks of over restriction and a defill a week ago, and now on milk and water for 7 days as the inflammation between the band and the stomach takes longer to settle than the inside, so it's bland liquid followed by bland mash for 7 days so there's no inside irritation to allow the outside swelling to fully settle.

If you're unable to get liquids down this is quite serious, the more mine was irritated the worse it got and I couldn't even swallow my own saliva! Contact your provider because they may wish to take a little more out so you then start building back up after the irritation has gone, I left mine too long as my son was having surgery and I couldn't get there, but they made me aware of various and quite serious issues that can occur.

that's good :)

And well done on the weight loss, what a great result :)

hi kat
on saturday i got up and for some reason i could not even drink anything as it made me sick it did pass as the day went on but it did scare me, also my tummy has swollan and ive felt sick and got very low abdomen pain could i have an infection of some sort caused by the band, ive not had a fill for over a month ive also not lost any weight in over two month what do you think

Definitely contact your provider, it sounds like you need some support/ answers and maybe an adjustment. Good luck with it.

Back