• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant Drink

Fat sue

Hey guys I had my 4 th fill last Saturday 5ml in a 10 ml band everything was ok until today followed the rules and then today out of no were I can't even drink without discomfort and a feeling that it might come back up .... Haven't eaten a thing today everything sticks ..
This happen to anyone else
Banded December 8th 2012
Lost 4 stone
2 stone off target

Sounds like things are too tight. How are you this morning? X

Sounds like things are too tight. How are you this morning? X

It's crazy I'm fine this morning !!
Tea and water no problem even had a spoon full of hubby's scrambled egg no problem ....
Think I will but it down to the heat ..lol
But hubby said I was passing wind all nigh in my sleep ... But my excuses is heat lol

Thanks for your reply

Glad to see your still doing so well

glad you're feeling better, it can often help I youve had a difficult time, to go back to liquids for a day or two, then to mash, because it can help to allow the band and stomach to settle :)

This weather can create havoc. Usually I tighten up with the heat, but because I am not at work and very relaxed I think I have loosened up and can eat lots. See what I am like when I get back to work tomorrow after two weeks holiday and probably have over 500 emails to catch up on :eek:

Great you are feeling better xxx

Thanks girls Defo going back on fluids for a few days tried some lunch and got a really bad stick so it's the weather and been stressed minding the grand kids this weekend so it has to be a combo of the two .....
Sometimes I get frustrated that the weight is only coming of so slow to but at least It's going down ...
But some weeks I'd go up 5lb then next week it's gone and the following week is loose 2 lb then I'd be back at the start again up 5 and so on ....

So glad I came across these posts! I have been feeling rather 'loose' so was thinking time for a fill but then the last week I have struggled so much even with soft foods. Never thought it could be the heat and lets face it, it has been boiling!! my these bands are complex creatures!! lol!! Love to all xx

Thanks girls Defo going back on fluids for a few days tried some lunch and got a really bad stick so it's the weather and been stressed minding the grand kids this weekend so it has to be a combo of the two .....
Sometimes I get frustrated that the weight is only coming of so slow to but at least It's going down ...
But some weeks I'd go up 5lb then next week it's gone and the following week is loose 2 lb then I'd be back at the start again up 5 and so on ....

It certainly does sound like it could be the combo of the two. Stress can have an effect so can the weather, chuck in a couple of other things and you have a band tightening and loosening with a mind of its own LOL

It can be frustrating when the weight goes up and down like that, I have had it for the past few weeks. The week before last for some unknown reason I put on 3lb, lost it in the 2nd half of the week, then lost 1 lb, then I've put on 1lb and now I've lost 1lb, so I'm back at where I was. It is frustrating and can be difficult when you go through these times because it can feel that the hard work you're doing isn't paying off . . .hang in there! Its times like these that we would often turn to food for comfort to help us - I know that I would and its hard not to think that if we're not losing, one biscuit/one chocolate bar/one cake won't hurt!

glad you're feeling better, it can often help I youve had a difficult time, to go back to liquids for a day or two, then to mash, because it can help to allow the band and stomach to settle :)

That is so true! After my stuck chicken incident last week and the problems for days after, I went back to soup and liquid mash for a couple of days and it made all the difference!

Hi girls ;) was in bad way since I posted this getting sick not being able to drink ...
And today had 1ml taken out ... Can drink no problem now happy days on the up side lost 7lb since I first posted this every cloud and all that jazz ...
Hope you are all doing well xxxx

Ahhh glad u got it sorted onwards and upwards and no more sickness xx

Thanks Danielle ;) I just couldn't keep anything down since last fill ;) and I kept putting of going back to Dr because I was putting it Down to stress ... Me doing the 5k programme .. The gym ... Everything but the real cause to much in the band and I only had 5 ml in so just wouldn't believe it was the band ...
But hey 1 ml out now down to 4 ml and I can drink and its staying down ...

having the defill is the best thing, there is no way that you should struggle to drink or eat, it's hard to believe that such a small amount of fluid can have such an affect, but at least you know you are nearing your sweet spot and to take any future fills slowly and in small amounts. I think it is worth not rushing in to fills, and also giving time for things to settle before having a defill, but you tried everything and that didnt work so you did the best thing! Being overly tight can do a lot of damage.

So glad you're doing ok!

glad you got sorted you may find you build up that 1ml again over time funny how our bodies work I always get uber tight just befor I get ill stomachs are a wonderous thing

Back