• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help please

Happyme

Hello Everyone. I am 10 days post op. I had a gastric wrap and have managed to get myself into an emotional state, tearful etc

I am still on the fluid diet and if I manage 700ml a day in total then I have done more than great. I had to go back to hospital on admission a few days ago because I wasnt able to keep anything down and had the most terrible heartburn and pain in my throad from all the vomiting. I was rehydrated and given operamzome and anti emetics which seem to help.

I have great big rumbling sounds in my tummy after each sip and a low grade pain on my left side.

After about 5 sips I feel as if I am going to burst and that is even if I take them slowly over a period of say 20 minutes. So I either throw up and have to start again or am in discomfort for another hour or so.

Things feel so bad, I even rang the consultant asking the possibility of having a reversal.

I am just so upset. Everyone else who has had this procedure seem fine.....so why me?

Everyone says wait and things will get better. I am so sad.

Hi, firstly I'm sending you a huge hug xxxxxx

The post op blues are common, I remember getting them a week after my op, I read somewhere that it's the anaesthetic. I hope you are feeling much better today.

I haven't had a wrap so can't advise on it, but the rumbling tummy seems to be a common occurance amongst the wl surgeries. I really hope things improve soon xx

As you know i also had the wrap and i wish i could offer some advice, it seems to be linked to the sickness, have you been told why you are still been sick after so long? my sickness only lasted 3 days

Ring your surgeon, get some answers or present yourself at his clinic... No pain should be 'put up with', you are very newly post major surgery and need to get a professional opinion.....

Good luck xx

Back