• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i need more protein in my diet

charley1987

i cant stand though drinks that the hospital give u im try i eat scrambled eggs , prueed chick, milk, humass any other suggestions xx

Buy some different protein shakes. Lots of nice ones out there.

Go to www.myprotein.com and pick the sample pack. Gives you a selection of different flavours for not much money.

pureed baked beans with grated cheese in - current fave is mexican baked beanz with mexicana cheese

Yeah I second what Mixy said. Those shakes he mentioned are really nice and have loads of protein x

High protein foods with low sugar/sat fat content:-

Fish - all white fish, prawns, crab, lobster, shellfish, tuna, salmon, mackerel, pilchard, sardine, trout
Meat/Game - rabbit, hare, pheasant, wild boar, venison, goat, partridge, calf's liver (good source of B6 & B12 vits too) kidney
Poultry -chicken, turkey
Cheese/dairy - (low fat versions) cottage cheese, quark, goats cheese, mozzarella, cream cheese, grated cheddar, egg whites, duck eggs, yoghurt
Pulses - lentils (dahl, soups) beans (aduki, cannellini, haricot, kidney beans etc) chick peas, houmous

I hope this might be of some help. It's a list of foods I prepared for myself ready for when I can start to eat proper food again. Although the softer foods are fine to eat from 2wks post-op, especially the soft cheeses which can be mixed into mash or pureed veggies.

Meat & fish obviously depends on how you cook it so grilled, roasted, braised, steamed - no frying! ;)

Back