• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Never Realised !!

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals.

Well I bit the bullet today and tried swimming again, and oh boy I never realized I was so unfit:sigh: I got there nice and early ( 6.30am) and I felt so outta place, not coz of me body ( my swimsuit was too small on the bottom, lol) but I was the youngest there, felt like I was ready for the old peoples home (bless em) I felt out of place because they all seemed fitter then me , I only managed a measly 10 lengths, could only do 2 at a time, I just couldn't seem to pull me body as fast as I wanted too......I dunno maybe I am trying to run ( or swim in this case) faster then I can for first time.........Oh well onwards and upwards lmao xx Thanks for letting me ramble on lol xxxx

Hey bd I reckon you did really well! I wouldn't be able to do 2 lengths! Just keep going and you'll get better and better, good luck :) x

Well done BD, I love swimming. The more you go the more you will be able to do.

Dont go racing those old ladies just yet, if its anything like my pool they swim every day and have done so for many years! x

I am so jealous - I think 10 lenths is amazing! I've never been a strong swimmer, and since my teens I got really self-conscious so never went swimming, and now I just sink :rolleyes:

Although I have promised myself that when I'm all healed from my op I'm going to book myself on swimming lessons which I'm really excited about (as well as the belly dance lessons, the zumba classes, the fitness training... :D)

I have not been swimming since God was a lad but used to be very good having had lessons up to being 14 & going through the grades etc, but I am guessing it is not like riding a bike (not that I can do that either) & you do lose your ability when trying to use an ancient, unfit body to do something a fit 14yr old body excelled at. :( Oh joys ... can't wait to try, although it is one of my goals to go swimming with my grandbabies so I will just have to excel at biting the bullet instead ... :D Well done BD for getting out there & trying even if it may take a while to get your speed & stamina built up.:):)

i started with 6 lengths, dont over do it or you will put your self off going, each time i built up with 2 extra lengths per visit and now if i push i can do 50, my avaerage swim now tho is 20, if i do more its a bonus, build up slowly and you will learn to enjoy it, and remember the OAP's prob been attending for donkeys years lol :)

Well done on taking the plunge Julie...:D. I love swimming. I get really self conscious about getting in a pool here but when I go and see my folks in Jamaica I don't care and I just get in the sea and swim. Need to get over that as it is a great form of exercise. Well done you.

tranquil x

wow well done on going swimming! i cant wait to get into the water but embarrassed at the mo. i am sure the more you do the easier it will get. xxx

Back