• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I received a Letter from Heartlands Hospital on Saturday (Dietician)

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
Letter dated 14th July
On Saturday 25th July I received a letter saying thank you for attending the wls clinic on the 2nd July 09 etc etc etc (lots of tablets missed off the list & details etc)

This is what the last paragraph of the letter says: We did discuss the main issues which appear to be comfort eating and also high carbohydrate intake. You were keen on bariatric surgery however, as we discussed (they wouldn't discuss banding nor bypass with me) we need to see that you are commited. We need to address the comfort eating and also decrease your carbohydrate intake. As discussed you need to show a weight loss of 5-10% before concidering surgery. You have seen our dietician who has discussed dietary changes. We will see you again in 3-4 months time to re-assess the changes that you made. I am also referring you to our weight loss program. Please do attend this as well.

Adrian Brown (Dietician) is who I will be seeing next at Heartlands.

I did start dieting the day I went to see one of Dr Taheri's team members but it only lasted 2 weeks and have now put those 4 pounds back on! I'm not at all impressed with myself as I have zilch willpower. I need a good kick up the back-side. :(

I did however purchase some weighing scales today so I can check on any weight loss. :p

Good luck with the appointment. I am having such trouble losing weight as well.

Good luck with your appointment...Ask if you can attend a weight management clinic on a weekly basis to help keep you on the straight and narrow.

(((hugs)))

Hi Snowcrystal,

Yes, when I go I will ask if I can attend weekly as this will be the only way I will be able to stick to it. I really need to be pushed! I am hoping to get myself to a gym along with my other half. x

Good luck with your appointment...Ask if you can attend a weight management clinic on a weekly basis to help keep you on the straight and narrow.

(((hugs)))

I have just phoned Heartlands up and spoke to the diabetics clinic and they gave me the number for Adrian.

Spoke to a lovely lady who has booked me in for next Tuesday 4th August for a "Group Weight Loss Program" she told me this is a new thing and this is the 1st meeting they will have done.

There will be 10 people at this meeting.

I asked if they will put us on a diet etc and she said no. It's to talk about the surgery procedure etc and it's for a few weeks?

I am now confused as hell as I thought I was attending a clinic to help me shed this 5-10%.

I think I need to start losing this weight now as I have a feeling that this is going to be a quick process.

I haven't received a letter for this. I am supposed to see another consultant next month after the awful meeting with Dr Taheri.

It might be because I asked to attend one and if there was such a clinic to help me shed the 5%... I don't understand what they are doing though as this is to talk about surgery procedures.

Pretty confused here.

They don't seem to have a clue as to their own procedures.

well if your starting to talk about the surgery that sounds like your going in the right direction , my area have been trying to sort out a group meeting for months which has not happened and thats part of the process . They tell you to do x,y,z then tell you something totally different:confused:

I wish I could figure out what their actual process is. It seems to be different with every patient.

It is different for patients within this same hospital.

Well I am going to ask on Tuesday why it is so different with other patients. I wish I had of done this years ago! I would have probably flown through to surgery. It looks like we are the 1st FL of a new procedure, I really hope they get their act together for other patients that attend Heartlands.

I just wanted to wish you luck with your journey. If it means losing weight so u can have surgery I'm sure you will get your head round it.

Take care Anez xxx

It might be because I asked to attend one and if there was such a clinic to help me shed the 5%... I don't understand what they are doing though as this is to talk about surgery procedures.

Pretty confused here.

Jez do you think it might be to fully explain the impact of surgery and diabetes?...

It does sound like a one-off meeting.

Dunno really...the problem is all the different departments that are involved and it quite often sounds like they don't communicate with each other.

Good luck and keep us informed.

(((hugs)))

Consider yourself kicked up the bum and get back on your diet and shed the weight you need...............thats if you really want the op??
I wish you the best of luck............I know you can do it x

Jay xx

Back