• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I so angry with myself

cu16

Just got back from my pre op assessment and will not know until Tuesday if my op will go ahead on the 10th Jan and its all my fault! I had my 50th and Christmas day at the same time made a pig of myself and may now pay the price.

I have put on 0.4 of a kilo and my blood pressure was slightly elevated. (not worried too much about that because I know it was because I got myself a bit streessed out with the news of my weight gain,

My problem is I was given a target loss of 3kg exceeded that and then put on 2kg ( this all happened between seeing the dietician and having my endoscopy) I was told to maintain my weight but no I pigged out and then got a suprise appointment and now look waht happenes.

I officially start my liver reducing diet tomorrow and will stick to it but worry that the damage may now be done as the consultant can so easily say no.

Sorry about moaning but I needed to get it off my chest , thanks for listening Pauline x

cu16 said:
Just got back from my pre op assessment and will not know until Tuesday if my op will go ahead on the 10th Jan and its all my fault! I had my 50th and Christmas day at the same time made a pig of myself and may now pay the price.

I have put on 0.4 of a kilo and my blood pressure was slightly elevated. (not worried too much about that because I know it was because I got myself a bit streessed out with the news of my weight gain,

My problem is I was given a target loss of 3kg exceeded that and then put on 2kg ( this all happened between seeing the dietician and having my endoscopy) I was told to maintain my weight but no I pigged out and then got a suprise appointment and now look waht happenes.

I officially start my liver reducing diet tomorrow and will stick to it but worry that the damage may now be done as the consultant can so easily say no.

Sorry about moaning but I needed to get it off my chest , thanks for listening Pauline x

Hi don't worry you will lose weight on the liver diet I lost 17lb in two weeks just take your time you will be very tired good luck xxjuem

oh bless you hun yours is same day as mine,fingers crossed you will be ok and maybe the the liver shrink diet may make you lose a few ,i dont think he will cancel as your having wls for that very reason hun (((hugs))) xx
Thank you for your kind words, its just I have seen a few from Sunderland say that they will and the Nurse I seen wasnt very optimistic. Oh well I will just have to get on with the Diet and keep my fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Wow, that is super strict ... :( I really hope they relent & you get the good news you hope for, lovely xxx :wave_cry:

We all will be thinking about you ... It is very hard this time of year with all the lovely food & lots of party's to go to ... Chin up Hun I've got my fingers crossed for you xxxxx

oh hun start yor diet tmro and stick to it by the rules and you will be ok xxx

You can't change the past, just focus on sticking to the liver shrink for a safe surgery.
Fingers crossed for you x

Poor you - that's a total nightmare! I have heard other people saying theirs had been cancelled on the day of surgery but as its such a small amount maybe they'll let you off for now and still go ahead so long as you've lost it by the big day? I've got everything crossed for you hun x

Thanks everyone this means so much. I am hoping they have mercy on me with it being Christmas and my 50th at the same time!!!! lol but I have read on here that the Sunderland Consultants are a bit strick so guess I will just have to wait till Tuesday. Once again thank you everyone x x

i realy hope you still get it hun after all the hard work you done everyone slips now n again fingers crossed for you x

I would tell them it was your birthday on Christmas day if they say they wont do your op. Ridiculous. Tell them you're due on and you always put a couple of pounds on at that time. You will lose weight during the pre-op anyway lovely so don't you worry, you'll be fine.

Love Kate x

Pauline - I've done diet more times than I care to remember - liver shrinkage sort of goes same way, give it 48hrs and you will be in some sort of ketosis, keep up fluids at least 2litres water and you will romp home.... keep to your programme and water water water xx

Good Luck I hope u can get the bit weight off before tuesday, it shud hopefully come off with the pre op diet xx

Forget tomorrow start now. Chefclay had his cancelled by srh due to weight gain.

I'm sorry and i know this is harsh but it's not like you weren't expecting your birthday or christmas and you should have celebrated before if you knew this was coming.

Get on the wagon now, no more booze, choc, carbs or any other forbidden fruit. We will cross our fingers the surgeons are super happy after their break and are kind to you x

oh dear. I hope they don't cancel for you. I put on 20lb in the weeks leading up to me getting a date, then I only had 2 days notice before my pre op diet had to begin. They never mentioned it though.
I have my fingers crossed for you xx

SRH are very strict though Marie, they take it all very strictly.

Fingers crossed you can claw back your gain. Best of luck x

It's better to show you're really serious about this...that's what they want to see. They're not going to want to do surgery on someone who thinks it's a magic tool and they can still stuff themselves afterwards. It's only a tool and YOU have to do the work. So I agree (even though I have said my piece about Sunderland on here and won't repeat it)...stick to it really really rigidly, show them you mean business, and it only takes a week or so for a liver shrinking diet to show results. You can do it!!

Back