• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I still love food

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Im on the liquid stage after my surgery a week ago, and its killing me making my daughters tea, I still love food, have just made her ham and eggs and omg i could just eat it all, but i cant obviously, am just scared that im going to fail at this and stay fat, i know sounds daft as wont be able to eat so much, but does it get easier after the liquid stage, just scared i've done the wrong thing :(

bex hun. take a deep breath and stay positive. its natural to have this feeling . your diet before op has changed so much its going to be hard getting used to it. keep at the purree as long as you can . wont be long and u be bk on normal foods just smaller portions. sending a hugeee hug to you. just remember its for few weeks only .xx

Well speaking from personal experience, your op will NOT let you go back to your old ways. Once you have moved onto mushy stage & are eating a more normal diet, you may be tempted to eat larger portions, but trust me ... you will pay for it :eek: I had a lovely chicken dinner yesterday (mushy) & enjoyed it so much, I had leftovers for tea & was in so much pain :( So I now have learnt that lesson. Fancying does not equate to being able to actually eat it ... good really. When you consider that pre op I would have eaten 3 or 4 times the amount both meals came to. :):) Chin up, honey & try to get some stronger tasting, more appetizing liquids in. xxx

thanks am not hungry it just smelt and looked so yummy, think it torture that i have to feed my daughter hehe, bless her.... I know once have some more substantial food i will hopefully feel better, but soup and yoghurt are just boring, but i know its for the best.... Felt like crying my eyes out but tough, got to get on with it as cant have my stomach back can i lol xxxxx PS.... does anyone want a 6 year old for the next two weeks so i dont have to cook lol xxx

my dog likes it when i cook scrambled eggs cheese and bacon ..................i never get to finish it off so she gets a little treat ;)

hie bex you are going to get lovely smells from every were the chippy, a cafe, bakery, to name just a few and as you said you are not hungry and smelling it wont do no harm, bex have you seen the recipe thread the ones done by phat girl for the liquid stage sound yummy maybe have a peek at them. good luck hunny.x.xx

Hi Becky, I was exactly the same I wasnt hungry but that didnt stop me wanting/craving nice food. This liquid stage is the worst part. I craved my old life and thought what the hell have I done I'm not going to cope with this. I DID cope and as soon as you start eating proper food again these feelings WILL go. Keep your chin up hun your doing great and everything your feeling is normal xxx

Thanks all, Lynda is it on post op diet thread xx

Lol if it makes you feel better bex, I was in mcdonalds and my kids were having a happy meal, and I so wanted a bite of their chicken nugget!

I think it is head hunger myself cos I'm not hungry now.

Thanks Ric, that does make me feel better - you will be able to one day soon x

Glad to be of assistance to you :)

I feel like i'm in the same boat......Im 9 days post op and eating soups, yogurts and jell, milkshakes etc. But i feel like im not full on ounces im consuming, i could easily demolish another 3 ounces. is this normal, or is my pouch not working lol. When i get onto pureed will i be more satisfied and feel like i have actually had a meal! HELPPPPPPPPPP PLZZZZZZ

Bex you wont be able to go back to your old ways, yes you can put chocolate in your mouth if you want too, but your new pouch wont let you each much of it before making you feel sick, and this goes for other food as well.

The quantity is soo small, you will be in a size 16 before you know it.

Oh you say all the right things Gary xxxx Thanks xx

Hi Bex, Welcome to the losers bench. I was exactly the same. However, over a year out I still have no regrets. I'm able to eat the same meals I cook for the rest of the family, only a smaller amount. I found the liquid stage hard as I loved the feel of food in my mouth and the chewing process. Don't forget that the op might take care of our physical capabilities but mental hunger/desire can still rear it's head. As someone said the op does help us to eat far less than we did before. Also remember that liquids slip through our pouch much easier than solids will. So fear not, unless you eat lots of slider foods or high fat/sugar foods your pouch will be the best new friend ever. As someone said, you'll probably pay for any dismeanors by feeling absolutely awful when you dump on things that you shouldn't have.

Thinking and praying for you.

love and hugs
Rebirthxxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Well speaking from personal experience, your op will NOT let you go back to your old ways. Once you have moved onto mushy stage & are eating a more normal diet, you may be tempted to eat larger portions, but trust me ... you will pay for it :eek: I had a lovely chicken dinner yesterday (mushy) & enjoyed it so much, I had leftovers for tea & was in so much pain :( So I now have learnt that lesson. Fancying does not equate to being able to actually eat it ... good really. When you consider that pre op I would have eaten 3 or 4 times the amount both meals came to. :):) Chin up, honey & try to get some stronger tasting, more appetizing liquids in. xxx

Well hello
I am not sure if I'm doing this right, but I just had the balloon procedure dine last week is anyone else have this done or are you all surgery patients?

Thanks Rebirth, be glad to get off liquids but I know for the best xx

Hi Bexs, I can remember gagging at the puree stage - I preferred soup and stayed on soup - cant be doing with mushy food at all! Now I am on "normal" food, as they say, it does make you laugh - I do 3 dinner plates for the family and my little side plate - yesterday I had 1 fishfinger and 2 spoons of beans and felt like I had just had a full carvery with pudding!! Full to the brim!! All I can say is this journey is full of ups and downs and hopefully like me, in a few weeks, you wont even remember feeling so fed up - you will just be looking in the mirror and thinking "how did that happen?" - the change is amazing!! Keep going girl - you are doing fab xx

Back