• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

cheers sugga
so how much water or clear fluids do u manage a day,
yesterday i must of had about 1.5 litres and it felt like i was sipping all day im gonna try and do 2 litres 2day feels like a am constantly sipping suger free cordial
brad x

I'm pre op brad, so these questions you are asking are really helping me to get an understanding of what it's like in the early days...thanks and it sounds like you are doing things brilliantly hun x

thank u sarah i hope im doing well but u always have that doubt in your head that either u are under doing it or over doing it with out this site i would of been in so much trouble please if there is anything i can help u with please please ask thats what im doing with the other people on here hope to see u on the losers bench very very soon
brad xx

Its nice knowing there is someone on hand to help if its needed,you are doing well.After the first few days you will feel less discomfort,wind etc.I found cool drinks bloated me even when sipped so had warm drinks ie lemon tea it seemed to go down better and soothed my new tum!I feel wonderful now day 18!I have been shopping etc last week.Do listen to your body,I found once I had my lunch about 1pm I would have a lie down and wake 3 hours later feeling very refreshed,so dont fight it.You will soon be kicking a ball round the park with your son!Maz x

Hi Brad, i could only manage about half a litre throughout the day at your stage. Iv found now at 3 weeks out that i was drinking to much water which was filling me up so much that i couldnt manage all my 3 meals a day and was bloated all the time with the water.
From yesterday i have started leaving all liquids out for a good hour and half before meals, that way im getting my protien in and dont get as bloated when i eat. The bloated feeling is horrible isnt it?
I think you are doing really well for a couple of days out..i was still in hospital with no energy and looked 7 months pregnant at that stage hahaha..keep up the good work lovey. xx

Half a litre? On my second day post op all I had was about 5 sips of water all day, couldn't manage any more. You're doing amazing Brad! :) Keep sipping :)

The more water you drink the better, just drink slowly. Water cleans out the insides, it'll flush the horrible hospital meds out of you :)

hey sue please dont worry i was so nervous about my op worried all the time but please take the advice from people on here i couldnt have got thro it with out them the advice is spot on and people will never get tired of giving it either i wish the best of luck u will be fine ive saved ur seat next 2 me on the losers bench please message me to let me know how u get on
brad x

good morning all AT LAST i have been to sleep a whole nite god it feels good i am feeling so much better 2day as well the gas and wind seems to be going and i have just managed a few tea spoons of running custard i dont feel full tho which im a little concerned about i am still sipping water and orange juice etc hope everyone is having a great day
brad xx

Brad dont worry about not feeling full yet, fluid and puree slip through the pouch quite easily. It will only be when you start to eat more dense and dry foods you will start to get restriction :D You are doing great! XX

brad scott said:
thank u so much i dont usually panaic but this is a different kettle of fish just hope things go ok
brad x

I had same thoughts n feelings as you brad and had most of my family saying I was taking drastic measures.... cos they were also scared for me. But hey, 3 weeks post op n 1 stone down, I'm glad I took the plunge. Still bit scary cos have to make lots of changes. But I'm already throwing away clothes I'll never need to wear again n it feels so good. I also thought, had I have tried harder, cud gave lost weight on my own but did so so many times but then put it all back on whereas thus way, it drops off but we'll never be obese again. Good luck n hope this helps.

evening everyone hope your having a great sat nite i have had a good day i have managed very runny custard jelly and strained soup and feel fine was so proud of my self until my gorjus girlfriend asked me if i would mind if she had a take away i said i didnt mind i it was my decision to have the op and didnt want it 2 affect her eating but i have a question to ask.........
When she came back with her take away i thought it wouldn bother me at all dont get me wrong im not hungry at all just the smell drove me wild it was so nice i hope it wont be like that forever but if it is well i can deal with it as i want to be thin and healthy
brad x

Dont worry Bradd it wont be like that forever....last night I had friends and family round for a drink and a take away. We all ordered, chinese and indian and I had my own little take away too :D I had a starter portion of chicken tikka, a medium curry sauce and I toasted a wholemeal pitta bread to dip in the sauce. I ate 3 pieces of the chicken tikka and half of the pitta bread and I didnt feel deprived atall....I really enjoyed it :D XX

ah jacqui your as star thank u for putting my mind at rest...
ive had a good day 2day ive managed some more runny custard and for my dinner i had a 100ml of sugar free jelly was so nice each day gets easier and easier.
Your nite last nite sounded fantastic i didnt think you could eat those foods but brilliant its nice to have a treat once in a while how do u cope with things like bread i hear it can be difficult
brad xx

Hi Brad, glad you are doing well, I think I only managed squash, tea, coffee, orange juice and strained cup a soup up Til 3 weeks post op, I didn't have runny custard etc until about week 3 so you are doing great !
I understand the smell thing, I made a bit of a joke about it with my family and told them that a "sniff" of their tea would satisfy me, one time I had a tea spoon of someones balti sauce and it was great but everything in moderation ! Dottychick made me smile as what she did with her take away the other day is exactly what I do 3 months post op, if the family have a Chinese, I have a small tub of curry sauce then pinch a tiny bit of everyone elses and a couple of prawn crackers lol, best not To rush things though, take it at your own pace, your body will let you know when you've overstepped the mark. I also ha the shoulder pains, did they tell you it was the co2 they used to inflate your abdomen ? My pain lasted about 4 days then went ok, keep us posted on how your doing, best of luck, Matt

Brad you have totally inspired me. You are so honest with your feelings. I have only just started this long long journey but to read your thoughts and experience has made me realise, along with other stories, that I have made the right decision. Off to see my GP tomorrow to confirm I want the surgery. She phoned to let me know the PCT have granted me funding if I want it! Aaagghh!!

good morning all first of all thank u matt your kind words have made me feel better i feel well in my self and im not missing food (yet) lol in the next few days i feel ready to maybe try a tiny amount of runny weeyabix but i may wait a week yet...... yeah they did tell me about the gas but wasnt expecting it to be quite as painful but like u said it didnt last long and i feel 100% better now....
Phil your words meant alot to me for someone to say i have inspired them is a massive thing for me but i know how you feel as i feel the same with so many people on this site they have helped me in so many was i have so many questions never be afriad to ask anything u want i will help u out as much as i can and if i dont know i will try my best 2 find out.
Im glad you are going ahead with your surgery it will be the best desicion you have ever made it was for
brad x

I want all you guys to know how truly inspiring this thread has been. Please keep in running in exactly the way it is. It is so helpful.
Lynne xx

Back