• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ideas for drink-free/food-free dates!!

Meggie

I have recently met a lovely man and he is coming down for a visit this weekend. I'm trying to think of some really fun things to do that don't involve drinking or eating (I'm currently on my pre-op diet!!). I'm guessing this will be good preparation for me post-op!!! I know at some point I will be able to go to restaurants/pubs but for now I'm going to think of alternatives!!!

Thanks!

Bowling?.... Going for a walk in the park/woodlands?.... As you're in London what about doing the usual touristy things, museums, galleries etc (I'm assuming he's not from London?) ... river cruise?

Oh, and congrats on meeting a new man!!! :D

Haha thanks. It's only a new thing (bad-timing huh!!!) so wanted to find fun things to do. We'll see what happens!!!

Thanks

Definitely an evening at the.......
London Dungeon

This will give you an invaluable insight as to whether the guy is a REAL rock of a man or just a big softy......plus gives you an excuse to quiver in his arms if he's a real cutey !!!!!!

Steve

I like it, will have to remember that one!! :D

London Dungeon

This will give you an invaluable insight as to whether the guy is a REAL rock of a man or just a big softy......plus gives you an excuse to quiver in his arms if he's a real cutey !!!!!!

Steve

Great idea!! I have suggested this to him and he likes it! He knows I am a bit pathetic as I'm scared of the boy from The Grudge!! He did also offer to hold my hand and look after me if I get scared!! Winner!! Hahahahaa!!

Sight seeing is a wonderful idea for a first date, you can take him to all manner of places and find out what kind of things he likes. 'Experience' dates are my favourite kind (says the woman who hasn't had a date in over 14 years).

Please don't worry about eating/drinking as if it has to be a problem. If this new man is coming into your life he will be a part of your journey so I would recommend honesty. If you don't want to tell him the whole truth you could say you are on a health kick, that you made yourself a promise to get healthy this year and part of that is watching what you eat and drink. If you go out for a meal, have salad with very little or no dressing. For drinks you can have coffee, tea, fresh orange or even just a plain tonic water, you can ask for it on the rocks with a twist of lime and it will pass for a cocktail.

Best of wishes, hope he is lovely to you and you have a wonderful time.

Nic:)

No suggestions from me that are printable, just enjoy the time and take things as they come... Enjoy your new romance xxx

Cinema, theatre, ice skating, bowling, home movies (not the nawty ones, lol), and sightseeing ,pretty much wots all ready been mentioned, or the zoo perhaps.......gl in wot u decide x

Cinema, theatre, ice skating, bowling, home movies (not the nawty ones, lol), and sightseeing ,pretty much wots all ready been mentioned, or the zoo perhaps.......gl in wot u decide x

Haha I did suggest ice skating but it'd be sods law that I fell over and broke something!! Only 11 days til my op.....better pick nice safe things to do!!!

London Dungeon

Steve

Haha just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion! We went there on Saturday afternoon......not too scary but he did hold my hand all the way around (just incase, you know!!).....I did keep on jumping at scary noises and things jumping out so he thought that was hilarious!!

:):eek:

Excellent x

Good to hear you had a lovely time Meggie.....are we thinking of a second date !!??

Well this was date number 3! Woohoo!! ;). Date number 4 will be the weekend of the 6th! I have said there is a chance I won't be up to doing anything and he said thats fine, we can just watch DVDs and relax. :D

Back