• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ideas for soft foods?

Daisyhappy!

Hi banders!
My mushie/soft food stage is arriving way too fast for my liking!
Im starting on Saturday and wondering would you lot help me with ideas?
Can i have tuna? I'll need handy things to bring to work?
Does every meal have to be soft or could i continue having soup for my main meal?
Im so happy on my liquids id far rather stay on them!

Hi

I wouldnt try tuna just yet unless its mixed with some low fat mayo or with some mash made a little more liquid than usual.

The idea of this stage is to gradualy build you up to moving onto solid food, so take this easy.

Good things to have:

Mash with parsley or cheese sauce
Boil in the bag fish in sauces are good too but again really mixed up together.
Mushy peas.

Have a look in the food thread for some more ideas, I loved the mushy stage - good luck x

cottage cheese i mix a litte spring onion in mine but it has to be chopped really fine :)

Cottage pie, I lived on mash potatoes mixed with sweed and carrots...yum yum.

for the amount you will manage to eat the calories will be minimal :) glad you're doing so well x

I hope so Angie, i worry that when i move on to mushies that my ferocious appetite will return. Im really enjoying rarely feeling hungry and having small bowls of lovely soup and feeling satisfied.

Oh choper i hope i can manage tuna :( did you always struggle with it after the band or is it only after a fill?

Daisyhappy! said:
I hope so Angie, i worry that when i move on to mushies that my ferocious appetite will return. Im really enjoying rarely feeling hungry and having small bowls of lovely soup and feeling satisfied.

Oh choper i hope i can manage tuna :( did you always struggle with it after the band or is it only after a fill?

Don't panic..I'm fine with tuna! At this stage I used to take custard etc to work for lunch and then did the mushy in the evening...tried anything mushed up..you'd be amazed if you get your fork masher at the ready!! :)

if you make homemade soup leave the veg a bit bigger then use a blender you can add some broth mix for protein ( be careful to read the packet some you have to soak overnight or 12 hrs others you can put in straight away)lovely thick soup :) xx

Put the tuna in blender with some low fat phillie. Makes like a pate. I gonna try this next week. x

Daisyhappy! said:

I struggle with tuna most of the time because of the texture. Really really have to be careful with bite sizes and chewing. I do still eat it but have to be really concentrating.

I have found that I can only manage canned tuna if it is in oil now - brine or spring water makes it too dry and it gets stuck. I know it's not ideal but tuna is a good source of protein so I allow myself to have the version in oil (I do drain it well and squeeze out as much oil as I can). So far it hasn't made me dump or feel in any way ill. Might be worth a try?? Good luck!

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. I had no milk this morning so grabbed a muller light on the way to work, not the best i know but Im having it now at my desk i can't believe how much like a meal it is. I used to find them really watery it seems so meal like now!

The tuna in a blender with phily sounds lovely, I'll have to do a little shop later on!x

Back