• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Illness and having the op

Mio

I woke up this morning feeling really rough - really bad cough and sore throat :jelous: I'm due to go in the my op on Tuesday and I'm sure I'll be fine by then, but could they realistically postpone it if I'm still ill by then?

I feel like I'm so close, I don't want anything to mess it up :(

Thank you hon!

Everyone in the office has been coughing and spluttering this week, and half my team are on holiday so been doing more work than usual - plus been out a few nights and worrying about Tuesday... No wonder I've become a bit run down! Least I have my godson's birthday party this weekend to look forward to (he's 3 and his sister is a whole 1 year old *grin*) and then off to stay with my mum for a couple of nights.

There is rest on the horizon, at least, and lemsip in my mug *lol*

Hi Mio, Sorry you feel ill, hunnie ... this happened to Sarah last week just before her op :( Her symptoms were more cold like, runny nose etc, but she posted on here like you & the reply she got back from people who would know was that as long as it is not on her chest she would be OK. Sooo look after yourself over the weekend & good luck for Tuesday .. will be thinking of you :):) x

Hi Twinkle - thanks for your reply!

Problem is that it's in my chest. Coughing phlegm up (sorry!) and burning lungs. And I'm asthmatic, just to make it even better >_<

Cancelled my plans for tonight and staying in with a hot bath and some lemsip, and just need to get through the day...!

Aww that sucks !
Might pay to speak to your GP and get some anti B's to shift it ????
Hope you get well soon xx

Aww that sucks !
Might pay to speak to your GP and get some anti B's to shift it ????
Hope you get well soon xx

I did think of that, but I wouldn't get an appointment today, and there's not really much point starting a course on Monday as I'm going in for my banding on Tuesday :eek:

I do, however, have a plan for tonight. Hot bath, my slanket, crap TV and the new Covent Garden soup (Jammin Jamaica it's called - bit of a treat for me, spicy sweet potato and coconut :)) I'm hoping I can persuade whatever it is to sod off! :D

Back