• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bizare thoughts im driving myself mad!

rach33

I'm due to have my band fitted on Tuesday, I'm excited by the thought of my new life and am ready for the work involved!

BUT
I am driving myself mad with silly thoughts about the op itself and the anaesthetic, things like what if I wake up during surgery, what if I wet the bed as I'm so knocked out,
What if they open me and my liver isn't small enough ( even though I've followed preop to the letter) what if I have a coughing turn with the tube down my throat, and what if I just don't wake up!

OMG am I being really silly or are these normal thoughts a day or so before op? X

Rach its perfectly normal reaction hun I think most of us even people just having any surgery have all these thoughts I know I certainly did and there is a post on here somewhere calledi know i know i know lol. Homestly hun all will be fine Good luck stay strong and focused itswill all be over soon. xx

I'm due to have my band fitted on Tuesday, I'm excited by the thought of my new life and am ready for the work involved!

BUT
I am driving myself mad with silly thoughts about the op itself and the anaesthetic, things like what if I wake up during surgery, what if I wet the bed as I'm so knocked out,
What if they open me and my liver isn't small enough ( even though I've followed preop to the letter) what if I have a coughing turn with the tube down my throat, and what if I just don't wake up!

OMG am I being really silly or are these normal thoughts a day or so before op? X

Hi Rach33

I am in on Tuesday for a band and I too am having exactly the same thoughts so you are not the only one, I am constantly reading the threads on here as they are so good at helping you feel better, I am having moments of calm in between the nervous panic but I think thats just due to the fact I am so exhausted being on this milk only diet!

Here's to our new lives starting from Wednesday morning!
x
x

Funny that you should mention this,my wife said to me what if you are awake but unable to talk to tell them you are feeling pain,I,m sure that doctors & nurses assembled are chosen because they are totally professional & top of there relevant fields,so I don't worry too much about waking up during the proceedure

hi, am being banded tomorrow and having exactly same thoughts, and to make matters EVEN worse, i have my monthlies early, and am now panicking about that!!

Hi Rach33

I am in on Tuesday for a band and I too am having exactly the same thoughts so you are not the only one, I am constantly reading the threads on here as they are so good at helping you feel better, I am having moments of calm in between the nervous panic but I think thats just due to the fact I am so exhausted being on this milk only diet!

Here's to our new lives starting from Wednesday morning!
x
x

I know gems, I just want it all over and for it to be Wednesday,
Best of luck to you Hun, xx

hi, am being banded tomorrow and having exactly same thoughts, and to make matters EVEN worse, i have my monthlies early, and am now panicking about that!!

Oh no jaynel, what a nightmare!
I'm glad I'm not going mad though,
Best of luck for tomorrow Hun, xxx

Hi I'm having a bipass tomorrow and I'm worried exactly the same and also about my liver shrinking. My diet was fairly easy to follow and was food it was low carb and low protein and little milk but dinner always looked big as filled up on loads of specified veg mainly green not root veg. Good luck to you all x

Hi I'm having a bipass tomorrow and I'm worried exactly the same and also about my liver shrinking. My diet was fairly easy to follow and was food it was low carb and low protein and little milk but dinner always looked big as filled up on loads of specified veg mainly green not root veg. Good luck to you all x

Best of luck Annette,
And thank you for feeling the same so I'm not as mad as I thought, xx

had enough now, am desperate to eat something and no longer like milk!
also, am seriously, seriously nervous now, written my letters, got my bags sorted, and wondering if I should just not go!

my rational side says all will be okay, my emotional side is saying for gods sake what are you doing!

I just know I am going to be an emotional wreck when they come to take me down!
sorry for being so pathetic, I just can't tell anyone how I feel as my family are unsure about me doing this!

also, am seriously, seriously nervous now, written my letters, got my bags sorted, and wondering if I should just not go!

my rational side says all will be okay, my emotional side is saying for gods sake what are you doing!

sorry for being so pathetic, I just can't tell anyone how I feel as my family are unsure about me doing this!

Relax, breath and start thinking of all the reasons you want to do it! It's a journey and what you're feeling is part of the journey. Enjoy the ride, write yourself a note of why you're doing it. Build a picture and soon you ill be at the beginning of something truly life changing and wonderful.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Relax, breath and start thinking of all the reasons you want to do it! It's a journey and what you're feeling is part of the journey. Enjoy the ride, write yourself a note of why you're doing it. Build a picture and soon you ill be at the beginning of something truly life changing and wonderful.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thank you, I think I am just up and down a bit, I am trying hard to be calm, thanks so much for your kind words x

That's exactly me gems, oh **** love what are we doing? Lol
What a pair we are, it's the poor staff at the hospital I feel for dealing with a mad un like me, lol xx

Would you like a hug:grouphugg:

Yes we need hugs, and oh yes I am so wishing it was Wednesday, its just an emotional roller coaster ride at the moment!

Rach33, so glad its not just me, I am sure we will be fine but its hard to deal with these emotions, I know I will go through with it and it will be fine but oh how I wish I didn't have to deal with the mental head thoughts!!!

gems xx

Back