• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im 6 weeks post opp can i eat salad

sammyc

im 6 weeks post opp and ive eaten salad a few times this week and ive been fine with it and really enjoyed it but somoene just said i shouldnt be eatting that yet i didnt think to check it with my team does anyone know !!!!!

Can only go by the dietary stages book mine gave me which says :

Stage three crispy and mushy
" crispy foods are foods which fall to bits in water, such as melba toast, crispbreads and breadsticks. They are not the same as crunchy foods such as raw vegetables and salad. Crunchy foods are likely to cause problems if eaten at this stage."

Best solution is to check with your team as sometimes advice differs slightly as this is what was given to me and I want to get the best from my op this is what I am adhering to.

Can only go by the dietary stages book mine gave me which says :

Stage three crispy and mushy
" crispy foods are foods which fall to bits in water, such as melba toast, crispbreads and breadsticks. They are not the same as crunchy foods such as raw vegetables and salad. Crunchy foods are likely to cause problems if eaten at this stage."

Best solution is to check with your team as sometimes advice differs slightly as this is what was given to me and I want to get the best from my op this is what I am adhering to.

yeah your right but my paper work dont say anthing about salads
ill call them tomorrow

Give your team a call hun... but my guidelines say salad at 6 weeks. i was on 10 days fluids, 4 weeks pureed and then soft foods for 6 weeks... i was able to eat salad from the soft food stage... although i didnt start until normal diet stage... but if you are on soft food stage and eating it ok and chewing well then it shouldnt be a problem... but do check with your team as its there guidelines you should stick to... we on here can only advise xx

Give your team a call hun... but my guidelines say salad at 6 weeks. i was on 10 days fluids, 4 weeks pureed and then soft foods for 6 weeks... i was able to eat salad from the soft food stage... although i didnt start until normal diet stage... but if you are on soft food stage and eating it ok and chewing well then it shouldnt be a problem... but do check with your team as its there guidelines you should stick to... we on here can only advise xx

Mines pretty much the same, but I've been eating a few things and just making sure I chew them excessively. I was out all day so went subway today, took me about 30 minutes to eat 1/4th of a subway turkey ham wrap (no salad, cheese or sauce). I was nearly full and so bored of chewing I only ate 1/4th *_*. I believe a turkey ham wrap with salad is under 300 calories, and I love them. So 150 calories if I eat half. So win really :)

My op was 15th feb, so I should really only be on soft foods myself. I've not been eating raw carrots and things like that harsh, only things that can be turned into mush by my teeth. Banana went down fine :)

i think the following applies for wrappers and sleevers but i know it helps for bypassers and that is the 3x20 rule.
1... chew at least 20 times
2... wait 20 seconds before your next mouthfull
3... if you are still eating after 20 minutes then stop... you can always go back and have the rest later

i hope you find this helpful... wraps are very filling so check to see if you can have them now xx

God I have so much to learn!

I normally shovel my food down, but been trying to chew more , smaller portions etc lately just to try and get used to it

Back